Community Forum

Kindle Fire HD 8

Regular Visitor

Kindle Fire HD 8

Is the Xfinity TV App ever going to be ported to the Kindle Fire?  I have this AMAZING tablet but I can't use my Comcast account on it at all because you haven't made apps that can work on the Kindle OS version of Android.  It shouldn't be that difficult to make a Kindle port from the Android apps that you already have.  Please make good on your promises of "Any Device, Any Screen, Anywhere" and make a version of your Connect, TV, and My Account apps that actually work on Kindle Fire Tablets.

Official Employee

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8

slacajr wrote:

Is the Xfinity TV App ever going to be ported to the Kindle Fire?  I have this AMAZING tablet but I can't use my Comcast account on it at all because you haven't made apps that can work on the Kindle OS version of Android.  It shouldn't be that difficult to make a Kindle port from the Android apps that you already have.  Please make good on your promises of "Any Device, Any Screen, Anywhere" and make a version of your Connect, TV, and My Account apps that actually work on Kindle Fire Tablets.

The XFINITY TV app is available on a broad range of Kindle devices. Please see the system requirements page for details:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/

Regular Visitor

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8

Thank you ComcastDan.  I was able to obtain Xfinity TV app on my Kindle Fire HD 8 (2016) however after install it will not register the device.  It has me log in then starts "Registering Device" then eventually loops back to the login page.   Any way around that?