Community Forum

Instant TV cloud DVR recording issue

Regular Visitor

Instant TV cloud DVR recording issue

Hi, we have instant TV with 20 hours cloud DVR. We  use a Roku  with Xfinity streaming app. So far this has worked quite well for us for over a year. Just this week  we have been experiencing problems. Example: we record CBS News at 6:30pm, my husband wanted to record ABC News at 6:30pm when we set up the new recording, the CBS News schedule recording  disappear.  I would then add the CBS recording back and then the ABC recording will disappear. I have deleted the app, reinstalled the app, I have turn the Roku off and back on.   We have had no issues recording two shows at the same time in the past.  The peculiar part is we have scheduled recordings for the weekend with multiple shows being recorded at the same time and everything looks good. Yet if I add a recording during weekdays an older recording is deleted.  Any clues what is going on?

Expert

Re: Instant TV cloud DVR recording issue

@shealy1 wrote:

Hi, we have instant TV with 20 hours cloud DVR. We  use a Roku  with Xfinity streaming app. So far this has worked quite well for us for over a year. Just this week  we have been experiencing problems. Example: we record CBS News at 6:30pm, my husband wanted to record ABC News at 6:30pm when we set up the new recording, the CBS News schedule recording  disappear.  I would then add the CBS recording back and then the ABC recording will disappear. I have deleted the app, reinstalled the app, I have turn the Roku off and back on.   We have had no issues recording two shows at the same time in the past.  The peculiar part is we have scheduled recordings for the weekend with multiple shows being recorded at the same time and everything looks good. Yet if I add a recording during weekdays an older recording is deleted.  Any clues what is going on?

the instant DVR is fully in the cloud and includes only two tuners that can record at the same time. if you specifiy an additional time in front or at the end of a program that can tie that tuner up keeping it from being used for a different show starting during that 'extended time'. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Instant TV cloud DVR recording issue

Thanks,  I went back and adjusted  length of record time. Program now shows up scheduled to record.