Community Forum

IOS only feature: Playing Background Audio on Android?

Regular Visitor

IOS only feature: Playing Background Audio on Android?

We have both iphones and Android phones in our house.  But only the iphones can continue to play audio from sports/news with the screen turned off/phone locked, or when moving to another app.  There's a setting under "Playback preferences" to "Allow Background Audio".  However, this setting is missing in the Android app (I've verified I'm running the latest version of the Android app.)

My question is - When will this feature be coming to the Android version of the streaming app?  I really like using it as I can listen to news/sports while doing other things without leaving my screen on.  Or I can check email, browse the web, etc while still listening to the audio.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Will the Android streaming app get the ability to play background audio like the IOS app?

Hi, wryanmcse - Thank you for posting your question in the Xfinity Forum. We currently don't have any updates regarding "Allow Background Audio" feature but I will bypass your feedback to the engineering team. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!