Community Forum

I'm at home but treated like I'm away

New Poster

I'm at home but treated like I'm away

App considers my home wifi as away from home, disallowing seeing local news
Frequent Visitor

Re: I'm at home but treated like I'm away

I am having the same problem.  Some live channels will stream but others say I am not on my home wifi.   Also, for the last few days I cannot watch a show as it is being recording because my home network is not being recognized.

Expert

have you checked to see the exact name of the wifi SSID that you are using? if it is your own home's wifi and you are actually at home (not trying to use a VPN) then you should open the Xfinity wifi app and select the internet tab and touch the modem. Does the modem's serial number exactly match your home modem's HFC Mac Address?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes the numbers on my wifi app matche those on my modem and I am on my home wifi.  The strange thing is that many channels will stream live such as NBC but when I go to CBS or PBS or some other channels I get the message that I am out of my home wifi.  It just doesn't make any sense.  And I cannot watch any show that is in the progress of recording.  This all began after the major windstorm we had last week-end.  When I went to the Comcast office a few miles away they had the exact same problem on their streaming device on their wifi network. The channels that we cannot stream, they cannot stream either.

Expert

@neisie13 wrote:

Yes the numbers on my wifi app matche those on my modem and I am on my home wifi.  The strange thing is that many channels will stream live such as NBC but when I go to CBS or PBS or some other channels I get the message that I am out of my home wifi.  It just doesn't make any sense.  And I cannot watch any show that is in the progress of recording.  This all began after the major windstorm we had last week-end.  When I went to the Comcast office a few miles away they had the exact same problem on their streaming device on their wifi network. The channels that we cannot stream, they cannot stream either.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

yes they match

Official Employee

Hi @Kcyankee1. I can assist with getting an Advanced Repair ticket created and escalated for the live streaming issue you are experiencing. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Can you please share the what was done to solve the issue?  I’m having the exact same issues.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

I am not sure about the Roku issue that some have mentioned, but as far as the X1 streaming app I was told that Comcast is aware of the problem and they are working on it.

New Poster

Done
Official Employee

Hello All. 

Thanks for adding your post to this thread. At this time, we currently have identified a known video service issue causing a "must be on home network" message on the XFINITY Stream App and Website (all platforms) or 403-102 on Roku. Most reports are coming in from Illinois, Indiana, and Maryland, but are not limited to these areas. 

We will provide an update as soon as we get one from engineering. Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello All. Our engineering group has confirmed a fix has been found and implemented. Please let us know if you see the issue persists. 

Contributor

The issue has not been fixed. Still getting this error.

New Poster

Agree. It worked for twenty four hours then relapsed into worthlessness
Contributor

It looks like the network traffic in getting routed over the Internet instead of Xfinity internal network.

Expert

@patkes wrote:

It looks like the network traffic in getting routed over the Internet instead of Xfinity internal network.

the out of home error has been fixed. are you still having trouble?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

Yes. I am still seeing the same message. Tier2 support stated that the issue is still ongoing in heartland area 

Frequent Visitor

And it is happening to me in Michigan.  Has been for about 3 days.  I cannot run the Xfinity streaming app on my Roku, but I can run it on a tablet.

@patkes wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@patkes wrote:

Yes. I am still seeing the same message. Tier2 support stated that the issue is still ongoing in heartland area 

Highlighted
Administrator

Locking this thread, original poster has not come back. If you are having this issue please create a new topic and reference this one if needed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!