Community Forum

I cant find Xfinity stream app using my fire TV in the app store?

New Poster

I cant find Xfinity stream app using my fire TV in the app store?

I can't find the Xfinity stream app using my fire TV in the app store??? 

Valued Contributor

Re: I cant find Xfinity stream app using my fire TV in the app store?

The XFINITY Stream Application is not currently available for download on the Amazon Fire TV. I would recommend using the XFINITY TV Everywhere suppported applicable applications in order to view content. 

If you have an Internet-connected TV or Xbox, log in to any of the apps/platforms below using your XFINITY username and password to stream to your TV:

• HBO GO: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Samsung TV, Xbox 360 or Xbox One
  • NBC: Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One or Amazon Fire TV
  • FOXNow: Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One or Amazon Fire TV
  • WatchABC: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Xbox 360

As an example.

-TheTechGuy007

New Poster

Is there a release date for it ? Thanks.

New Poster

i'd like to know this also.  

New Poster

Well?  Release date?  Why would this app not support an android OS such as the Fire stick?  Seems ludicrious as not everyone has a smart TV.

Dave

Expert

@DaveB77 wrote:

Well?  Release date?  Why would this app not support an android OS such as the Fire stick?  Seems ludicrious as not everyone has a smart TV.

Dave

nothing from Comcast saying it is under development and therefore no date (if ever). The only TV connected device for streaming is the Roku which is in a free public beta test mode.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Please update this information.  It's currently available. Xfinity confirms this, and insists that it works with Fire TV, but it doesn't appear in the list of compatible devices

New Poster

I bought the Fire TV ,hoping I could reduce cable tv cost . But all the apps I try to load on Fire TV ,comcast does not allow to go thru . FOX News channel for one. I pay for internet how can they control my request ?

Expert

@TWH3 wrote:

I bought the Fire TV ,hoping I could reduce cable tv cost . But all the apps I try to load on Fire TV ,comcast does not allow to go thru . FOX News channel for one. I pay for internet how can they control my request ?

access is in beta and a recent article did say that fire would be in the beta stream program near the end of 2018. Roku and many Samsung TVs have the beta stream app at the moment.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Where and what app can u download to stream the Xfinity stream app with FireStick?
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@Tonyetta1 wrote:
Where and what app can u download to stream the Xfinity stream app with FireStick?

At this time, the Xfinity Stream app is only compatible with the following Amazon devices:

• Kindle Fire HD (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)
  • Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)
  • Fire HD 6 (2014)
  • Fire HD 7 (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)
  • Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
  • Fire HD 10 (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2015)
  • Fire (2015)
  • Fire HD 8 (2016)
  • Fire Phone

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon