Community Forum

How to install Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung Smart TV

Highlighted
New Poster

How to install Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung Smart TV

Can the Xfinity Stream TV app be installed on a Samsung Smart TV? I've tried to download it from the Google Play Store website using the Samsung Browser, but I get a "no device selected" message.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: How to install Xfinity Stream TV app on Samsung Smart TV

dbfaulkner758 wrote:

Can the Xfinity Stream TV app be installed on a Samsung Smart TV? I've tried to download it from the Google Play Store website using the Samsung Browser, but I get a "no device selected" message.

some TVs might have a Roku built in, but other than that, 'no' at this time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes, I had an on-line chat with an Xfinity Apps support tech earlier today, She confirmed that the only option currenlty available is to use the "Xfinity Stream Beta" app (downloaded via the Roku Channel Store) with a Roku device. I chose the "Roku Streaming Stick" device (3800). I set this up this evening and it is working extremely well.

Administrator

@dbfaulkner758,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here.

The Xfinity Stream Beta App on Samsung Smart TVs allows Xfinity TV customers to enjoy their cable subscription at home via the new Xfinity Stream Beta app on Samsung Smart TVs.

Note: This app is currently in Beta trial. Customers can access the app from the Xfinity Channel in the Samsung Hub app store.

Requirements

• 2017 TVs with minimum firmware version T-KTMAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes Q9F, Q8C, Q7F (Flat), Q7C (Curved), MU9000, MU8500, MU8000, MU7600, MU7500, MU750, MU7100, MU700, MU7000, MU6500, MU6490, MU6300, MU630, and MU6290
  • 2017 TVs with minimum firmware version T-KTSAKUC-1210.8 and Model Codes M5300, M530, M4500, and M450

**Note**: Customers can typically find the model code and serial number of your Samsung Smart TV on the right side of the TV. Some older models have the device information printed on the back.

Eligibility

• Must be an Xfinity TV customer with a Samsung account and compatible Samsung Smart TV.
  • Must create a Samsung account and link it to the Samsung Smart TV before downloading the Xfinity Stream Beta app.

Downloading

1. Make sure your Samsung smart TV is connected to the Internet.
  2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
  3. Scroll to and select Apps.
  4. Select the Magnifying Glass icon.
  5. Enter Xfinity Stream using the onscreen keypad and select Done.
  6. Select the Xfinity Stream Beta app and then choose Download.
  7. Once installation is complete, select Open to begin using the Xfinity Stream Beta app.
  8. When prompted, register your device and sign in with your Xfinity credentials.

Activation

1. Launch the app from the Samsung Hub app store. If the smart TV has not been activated, you will see the Welcome screen. Select Get Started to continue. If the device already has been activated, then you will see the main menu.
    Xfinity Stream Welcome screen. Get Started button at bottom center.

2. The Activation screen with the activation code will appear on the Samsung smart TV. Go to www.xfinity.com/authorize from a second screen (mobile, tablet or PC) web browser.
    Activation screen.

3. From the external web browser, enter the six-digit device activation code that is provided in the Xfinity Stream beta app.
    Activation code field is at center and below it blue Continue button.

4. Still from the web browser, enter your Xfinity username and password, then select Sign In.
    At center fields to enter username and password and below the blue Sign In button.

5. The external web browser will display a Success! message, notifying you that your Samsung smart TV has been activated and the activation screen on the Xfinity Stream Beta app will update shortly.
    Confirmation screen with Success! message.

6. After the successful activation of the Samsung smart TV the Xfinity Stream Beta app Terms of Activation will be displayed. Scroll to read the terms and select Yes to accept the terms and continue. If you select No Thanks, you will be taken back to the first step of the activation process (Welcome screen).
    Terms of Activation screen.

7. Next, you will be asked to name your device. The device name is used to help with troubleshooting and device management settings that may be added in the future.
    Device Naming screen with letters keypad.

8. The main menu should then appear, and you are ready to begin using the Xfinity Stream Beta app and enjoy your Xfinity TV or Xfinity Instant TV service!
    Xfinity Stream Main menu

We hope this helps. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!