Community Forum

How long after airing do episodes appear in TV App?`

Frequent Visitor

How long after airing do episodes appear in TV App?`

I'm sure it's different, depending on the license that Comcast has signed with each network (as it is for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.), but how do I find out when episodes air for particular channels/shows?

I'm interested in all the superhero shows on the CW and ABC. How do I verify how long to wait until they're available. Just found out that Hulu lost their license. Netflix will be airing the CW shows, but not until after the season finale.

Part of the reason I got the Hulu subscription was that the streaming service from Xfinity wasn't great, but it looks like the TV App is a bit more stable. Could I stream these shows like I used to on Hulu (a day to 3 days following air date)?

Expert

Re: How long after airing do episodes appear in TV App?`

cboehm24 wrote:

I'm sure it's different, depending on the license that Comcast has signed with each network (as it is for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.), but how do I find out when episodes air for particular channels/shows?

I'm interested in all the superhero shows on the CW and ABC. How do I verify how long to wait until they're available. Just found out that Hulu lost their license. Netflix will be airing the CW shows, but not until after the season finale.

Part of the reason I got the Hulu subscription was that the streaming service from Xfinity wasn't great, but it looks like the TV App is a bit more stable. Could I stream these shows like I used to on Hulu (a day to 3 days following air date)?

if you have an x1 DVR you can play back a recorded show at anytime after it airs (or if in home on the home network can play back while being recorded). On demand for current network programs appear the next day after airing (in my experience). The networks have forced the content providers this season to mostly allow full season stacking that is all episodes in current season are available in on-demand after airing and are available for the entire 'live' season + some number of days after last episode airs.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.