Community Forum

How do I clear Recent Channels in Xfinity TV app?

Regular Contributor

How do I clear Recent Channels in Xfinity TV app?

In the Xfinity TV app, how do you clear the "Recent Channels" list or one of them individually (i.e. similar to clearing the Last Watched list on the DVR by using the "D" button)?  Surely there must be a way to do this.

Expert

Re: How do I clear Recent Channels in Xfinity TV app?

milehiguy wrote:

In the Xfinity TV app, how do you clear the "Recent Channels" list or one of them individually (i.e. similar to clearing the Last Watched list on the DVR by using the "D" button)?  Surely there must be a way to do this.

comcast said recently in a thread that that feature was in process of being added. It was about last watched not just channels under the xfinity>>saved button presses.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Problem Solver

milehiguy wrote:

If you are talking about the app specifically, the only way I have found to delete the "Recent Channels" is to sign out of the app. When you sign back in, your "Recent Channels" will be cleared (only tested on Android). If you are talking about the web portal, it use to work that way as well, but now that they have 2 sign out links (one at top right, and one in settings), it doesn't seem to work anymore. Maybe if you clear your cookies for the portal, that might do it. I haven't tried that though.

Regular Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

If you are talking about the app specifically, the only way I have found to delete the "Recent Channels" is to sign out of the app. When you sign back in, your "Recent Channels" will be cleared (only tested on Android). If you are talking about the web portal, it use to work that way as well, but now that they have 2 sign out links (one at top right, and one in settings), it doesn't seem to work anymore. Maybe if you clear your cookies for the portal, that might do it. I haven't tried that though.

Yes, specifically referring to the app.  I just signed out and then back in again and verified that both the Recently Watched and Recent Channels lists were cleared.   Sure hope there will be a legit way to do this soon, along the lines of what we can do now with the Last Watched list on the DVR via the "D" button, which lets us clear either the entire list or individual items.

Problem Solver

milehiguy wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

Yes, specifically referring to the app.  I just signed out and then back in again and verified that both the Recently Watched and Recent Channels lists were cleared.   Sure hope there will be a legit way to do this soon, along the lines of what we can do now with the Last Watched list on the DVR via the "D" button, which lets us clear either the entire list or individual items.

Ha, ha. A legit way? It has been like this for the past 2 years. Maybe in another 2 Comcast will get it through development.

New Poster

It works on channels but not on on- demand