Community Forum

Have to authorize roku several times a day.

New Poster

Have to authorize roku several times a day.

Every time I watch xfinity stream I have to authorize the roku. If I change to Netflix then back to xfinity stream, I have to reauthorize again. I have to reauthorize several times a day because I watch different apps on roku. It's frustrating.
New Poster

Re: ROKU Device and xfinity stream app - keeps requiring authorization

I have the same problem. It just started to happen a few months ago. It's very frustrating.
Expert

@Corinnemae wrote:
I have the same problem. It just started to happen a few months ago. It's very frustrating.

is the HDMI jack labelled CED that the Roku is using? is the Roku power plugged into an live AC outlet or into the TV or other source?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The roku is plugged into an av source not the tv
Expert

@Corinnemae wrote:
The roku is plugged into an av source not the tv

would you try usinjg a TV HDMI port and be sure to use a power brick power supply to the roku?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm having this same issue. Has there been any resolution? 

Expert

have you uninstalled the Stream beta channel and reinstalled it?

New Poster

@Corinnemae wrote:

@Corinnemae wrote:

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Have to authorize roku several times a day.

@Corinnemae wrote:
Every time I watch xfinity stream I have to authorize the roku. If I change to Netflix then back to xfinity stream, I have to reauthorize again. I have to reauthorize several times a day because I watch different apps on roku. It's frustrating.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Same thing is happening to me as well.
Highlighted
Expert

@MelRKie wrote:
Same thing is happening to me as well.

be sure power is not being removed from the roku unexpectedly. remove the Xfinity Stream beta channel and reinstall it. fixed?

New Poster

actually, Im just now setting  up (or trying to) my roku. Its asking for activation code from my roku device.....which I dont see one.....help

Expert

@kathy_dimitras wrote:

actually, Im just now setting  up (or trying to) my roku. Its asking for activation code from my roku device.....which I dont see one.....help

is the roku connected to your home wifi? the Apps will show the application code on your TV screen and show the site to visit using a browser to approve/request activation.

New Poster

Rapidgiant466