Community Forum

HP Chromebook will only stream YouTube. All other streaming apps buffer and then crash back to prev

New Poster

HP Chromebook will only stream YouTube. All other streaming apps buffer and then crash back to prev

My brand new HP Chromebook fails to stream using the Xfinity streaming app.  Everything works fine until I select PLAY then after buffering for a while, it returns to the movie title and does not play.

Expert

Re: HP Chromebook will only stream YouTube. All other streaming apps buffer and then crash back to

@GaryWS wrote:

My brand new HP Chromebook fails to stream using the Xfinity streaming app.  Everything works fine until I select PLAY then after buffering for a while, it returns to the movie title and does not play.

restore your chromebook to factory condition then update it until no updates are available. after that use the built in chrome browser or install the xfinity Stream TV app. both work on the modern updated chromebooks.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: HP Chromebook will only stream YouTube. All other streaming apps buffer and then crash back to

Your information is incorrect.  I twice reset to factory and went through updates.  The only "workable" solution is to use the browser, which is choppy and of lower resolution.  The app will not stream video.  It will show all the menus, but when attempting to stream, it buffers and then fails back to the movie menu screen, with no errors being posted.  I do not understand why Comcast cannot produce an app that works since other content providers of streaming media are able to stream with no problem. You must test the whole app, including all functions before you can say that it is functional.  It still does not work.  Patiently waiting for a valid app.  Till then will continue using the quirky browser interface.

Expert

@GaryWS wrote:

Your information is incorrect.  I twice reset to factory and went through updates.  The only "workable" solution is to use the browser, which is choppy and of lower resolution.  The app will not stream video.  It will show all the menus, but when attempting to stream, it buffers and then fails back to the movie menu screen, with no errors being posted.  I do not understand why Comcast cannot produce an app that works since other content providers of streaming media are able to stream with no problem. You must test the whole app, including all functions before you can say that it is functional.  It still does not work.  Patiently waiting for a valid app.  Till then will continue using the quirky browser interface.

the app and stream site work well on both my wife's older chromebook and my newer one. both are very inexpensive models with wifi connections. did you try playing the very same recording on a smart phone or tablet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!