Community Forum

HD Channels missing in Xfinity Stream Beta from Roku

Frequent Visitor

HD Channels missing in Xfinity Stream Beta from Roku

I have been using the the Xfinity Stream Beta on my Roku for several months now without problems until yesterday afternoon. I came back from an out of town visit and when I opened the app none of my HD channels show up.  See the photo attached to this post. It shows a gap between channel 288 and 461 where the HD channels should appear.

If I use Xfinity TV on the internet all of the channels including HD channels are available, same if I use the Xfinity cable box.

I have tried removing the Xfinity Stream Beta from Roku and then adding it back in, and I have also tried logging out and back in. I have even reset my modem and router, but still only see SD channels on Roku.

20190823_083040 (2).jpg

Please advise.

Thanks, Art

Contributor

Re: HD Channels missing in Xfinity Stream Beta from Roku

Same for me, exactly the same.

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast support and spoke with two agents. Both tried a variety of things, but none fixed the problem. They had me reset my Roku TV to factory settings. They tried also refreshing my modem and a variety of other things. The issue has been escalated and I'm waiting for a resolution.
New Poster

Same here. Happened as of yesterday, currently trying to work with customer support. Only happened on my Roku tv. iOS and web client still working
Frequent Visitor

Exact same issue here in Denver. Started yesterday afternoon. As I was talking to support they said I was the 5th person to report the issue. They escalated to engineering team but still not working.
New Poster

Same here :-(

New Poster

Same problem happened to my app on Roku...thought I was losing my mind. Glad to see it's not just me 😁...hope they fix this soon!
Frequent Visitor

Anyone get a resolution to this yet?
New Poster

Nothing yet.
Frequent Visitor

Same exact issue here. Most of my HD Channels disappeared last week.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Comcast on Saturday with 2 agents.

The weird part this only affects the roku stream beta. They had be try on my computer web browser and all channels are shown as expected. This seems to be a problem specifically to the Roku Beta.

I was told they had to do a refresh on their side that would take 24 hours, but that the channels would appear in 24 hours.   2 1/2 days later still no channels and no further call backs from comcast. I'm not sure if they are still researching of if they just closed my issue saying it would be resolved in 24 hours.  It is not resolved.   Unfortunately my family has gotten pretty spoiled using the Roku stream beta. We have boxes on some TVs as well, but even on those TVs we've gotten used to the Roku app so we can keep everything in 1 interface.

I hope they resolve this soon, otherwise we might have to start looking at other online channel streaming services. I'd really hate to do that though. We've been with Comcast for 13 years, I'd prefer to just stay with them and have local and other channels on all boxes, rokus, web etc. 

It was really my dream service until it stopped working a week or so ago.

Regular Visitor

Exact same problem here

New Poster

Xfinity just told me to call ROKU customer support!!
Frequent Visitor

Totally rediculous. Roku may be the platform, but the app belongs to Comcast/Xfinity.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah it was working pretty good for me also. Loved having the one remote and interface and switching between Plex and Xfinity apps.

I called again about the issue with the same nonsense of resetting things on my account without any resolution. In the end they told me it was because I don't have the HD Technology add on. When asked why it worked for the past 6 months without the add on they just said it couldn't have worked and passed me over to the loyalty department which wanted to sell me the 10 dollar bill increase. I still get on demand HD so that dosent really make sense. After 2 calls with support I doubt this issue will be fixed anytime soon or it is intentionally done to charge people more money.

Does anyone with the issue pay the 10 dollar hd fee? Wonder if it is effecting all Roku users or just a handful of us.
New Poster

Yeah they told me same thing about paying another $10 HD fee. Then I asked why can I watch in HD on my phone and computer. Agent had no reason why!
New Poster

Do not have the added HD pack and can watch the HD streaming online as well...now today the beta app is not even loading on Roku so something is very wrong with their app. Comcast has probably reconfigured something and managed to screw it up in the process. Only have them for internet and it happens to come with basic cable otherwise I'd be done with this mess with them....they are so frustrating with their lack of responsibility towards their customers!
Frequent Visitor

And to top things off, the Comcast tech support agents don't have a clue about what is going on. Apparently the app developers don't communicate with them, so they are in the dark about what is happening. This leads them to have customers try all kinds of needless things in ill fated attempts to solve a problem the app developers created. Truly sad.
Expert

@Kb23723 wrote:
Do not have the added HD pack and can watch the HD streaming online as well...now today the beta app is not even loading on Roku so something is very wrong with their app. Comcast has probably reconfigured something and managed to screw it up in the process. Only have them for internet and it happens to come with basic cable otherwise I'd be done with this mess with them....they are so frustrating with their lack of responsibility towards their customers!

when you agree to use beta 'apps/channels' you know there are bumps and testing going on. uninstall the channel, remove all power from the roku (remove power and hdmi cables for 30 seconds or more). restart and reinstall and authorize the xfinity beta stream channel. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Nope HD channels still missing like the OP's screenshot. Channels are not visible. All on demand content and standard definition channels work correctly. Stream app on other devices have no issues.
Expert

@Kgiri247 wrote:
Nope HD channels still missing like the OP's screenshot. Channels are not visible. All on demand content and standard definition channels work correctly. Stream app on other devices have no issues.

since you didn't quote who you are answering or saying 'nope' to, it is hard to follow your issue. are you an X1 customer? you said it is roku. does your bill show the HD technology fee $10 or 0.00 ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Talked to Comcast again today. They said they still had an open ticket for my issue and had no eta. I asked if they could at least say it would be soon but was told they couldn't give an estimate. I was also told they couldn't offer a credit of any kind. This seems a little ridiculous. It has been over a week with no new information by phone, forum, or Twitter. I really want to stick with Comcast, but if this is going to be down for an extended amount of time, I need to look at alternatives. I need a little more feedback. It is a shame because when it works, Comcast stream is better than YouTube TV, direct TV now, sling, etc. I feel like it is the best in the industry and could be huge. But right now it doesn't work, and their services do. I suspect if their services stopped, they'd try to fix it asap and would be back up and running in less than a week. I really hope Comcast prioritizes this. Streaming is the future. Comcast is going to have to improve customer service in this area.
Expert

@DaveNCheez wrote:
Talked to Comcast again today. They said they still had an open ticket for my issue and had no eta. I asked if they could at least say it would be soon but was told they couldn't give an estimate. I was also told they couldn't offer a credit of any kind. This seems a little ridiculous. It has been over a week with no new information by phone, forum, or Twitter. I really want to stick with Comcast, but if this is going to be down for an extended amount of time, I need to look at alternatives. I need a little more feedback. It is a shame because when it works, Comcast stream is better than YouTube TV, direct TV now, sling, etc. I feel like it is the best in the industry and could be huge. But right now it doesn't work, and their services do. I suspect if their services stopped, they'd try to fix it asap and would be back up and running in less than a week. I really hope Comcast prioritizes this. Streaming is the future. Comcast is going to have to improve customer service in this area.

the stream beta tv is a beta program. it is currently free. there isn't anything to refund/rebate since it is free as part of your Cable TV service.  

Frequent Visitor

That's a very corporate line for someone who doesn't work for Comcast. The beta may be free, but the cable TV service isn't. And currently we can't fully watch and enjoy the cable service we pay for. So it isn't really accurate that it is "free."

However, if you know a way to get the service for free, please share.
Expert

@DaveNCheez wrote:
That's a very corporate line for someone who doesn't work for Comcast. The beta may be free, but the cable TV service isn't. And currently we can't fully watch and enjoy the cable service we pay for. So it isn't really accurate that it is "free."

However, if you know a way to get the service for free, please share.

streaming TV is a free adjunct to your cable set top box service which we pay for per outlet. the per outlet fee for the roku is currently free while the roku stream TV channel is in beta testing.

New Poster

No HD channels here either... missing since last week. 

New Poster

it free.. but the push it as a add on when you subsribe . it should be free for what they charge . the day they start to charge me i will go to the competitors . it worked for the first couple of month and all of the sudden this. keep an eye on the people they will try to sneak this in the bill . like they do every month 10cent her 5 cent ther by the end of the year your paying 10 dollars more on your bill. this is why i dont use auto pay.

Official Employee

Hello everyone!

I really appreciate all of you taking the time to reach out here for help with this issue and I'd love to help each one of you.

Please take a moment to check your most recent service bill to see if " HD Tech Fee" is listed in your services. If it is and you are still unnable to access HD content on your Roku, then please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

In Denver. Mine is same. Only all of my channels except HBO and QVC are all gone. Im paying for 140 plus channels   And yes, I am charged an HD fee.  No one has been able to help so far. . 

Expert

@Tann7 wrote:

In Denver. Mine is same. Only all of my channels except HBO and QVC are all gone. Im paying for 140 plus channels   And yes, I am charged an HD fee.  No one has been able to help so far. . 

please send a private message listed in the post just before your post to get that fixed.

Regular Visitor

I am having the issue, also in Denver.  We have the streaming only package with no box and were promised over the phone hd was included when we ordered.  It had been for 4 months until around 8/22.

There is nothing regarding an hd line item on our bill and had called tech support 2 weeks ago.  They went through the typical resets with no success then sent a tech out the next day also without success.  Both mentioned we should have the hd channels with our streaming only package but at the least, the channels should be in the guide asking to subscribe rather than disappearing all together.

Paying the extra $10 a month would be ridiculous as it would be within a couple dollars of what we were quoted at the time for a box with hd and not having to deal with some of the issues experienced with the app.

Official Employee Digital Care

For those of you that are still in need of support with this (who haven't already send a PM to us about it whatsoever yet) please send us a private message with your name so we can help you from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

This is still broken for me. I have sent PM to both comcast employees in this thread and have not received a response.

Expert

@DaveNCheez wrote:

This is still broken for me. I have sent PM to both comcast employees in this thread and have not received a response.

look at your most recent bill. do you see a line that says "HD Technology fee" with etiher $10 or $0.00 ?

Frequent Visitor

There is no line item for HD Technology fee on my bill

However the channels are available on web xfinity stream app and ios.

This seems to be Roku specific.

Expert

@DaveNCheez wrote:

There is no line item for HD Technology fee on my bill

However the channels are available on web xfinity stream app and ios.

This seems to be Roku specific.

Roku currently needs that line on your bill to receive HD programming.

Frequent Visitor

Awesome. Make it happen.

I still have not received any response to my PMs to either comcast employee in this thread.

If adding that to my bill will resolve the problem, please have someone add it to fix my issue.

Frequent Visitor

I just talked to someone at Comcast. I passed along that you were saying the HD Tech fee was required. They have added to my account so we will see if everything is restored when I get home.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I wish comcast employees were as active on these forums as you are.

Frequent Visitor

Adding the HD Technology Fee fixed the issue, although it increased my bill.

They were able to get the fee added and the channels returned. They could not explain why this issue only affected the Roku Stream app and not the other apps.

While I am happy that it is finally resolved, I still never recieved a response from any comcast employees on this forum. I reached out on Twitter to ComcastCares and never recieved a resolution. I called on the phone multiple times and never received a resolution.

Today it is finally fixed almost a month later, but I had to tell the person on the phone what the issue was in their backend billing system to get it fixed.

I appreciate RustyBen's help in finally getting this working. I'm just confused why it took so long to resolve when we have been telling every comcast employee who would listen that only the HD channels are missing.

Thanks RustyBen for your help. I still wish an actual comcast employee would have chimed in on this thread. It is crazy to me that a non-employee had to find the solution.

New Poster

I stumbled across this thread while researching the Xfinity Stream app and whether or not to use Roku to reduce monthly bill...(I have 4 boxes). Was horrified to learn of the HD channel issues so many have had using the "free app".....and more horrified to learn that the "fix"....is to pay an additional $10 HD fee per month??? Suddenly the cost savings benifit....and break even time period to recoup the cost of Roku devices.....seems to be going out the window. Is this $10 HD fee publicized anywhere...so loyal Comcast customers on a budget don't have to find out the hard way by going through what everyone here has gone through? If were to buy 3 or 4 Roku devices and this was to happen to me
.. I would be furious and most likely would seriously consider terminating my Comcast service after all these years. To me....the whole point of offering a free "Beta" streaming app
...is KEEP loyal Comcast customers and NOT LOSE THEM to the ever growing number of viable alternative services offered.
Frequent Visitor

I heartily agree. And to make matters worse Comcast tech support is clueless about this. They had me power cycle my Roku TV, reset it to factory defaults, and many other useless things when the problem was the billing department wanted an additional $10 a month to view HD channels on the app - HD channels I already pay extra to view. Unbelievable.