Community Forum

HBOGO activation not working, redirecting to homepage

New Poster

HBOGO activation not working, redirecting to homepage

Recently I was trying to sign into the HBO go app on my Roku, and it keeps sending me to the xfinity webpage, asking me to sign up for $15/month even though I've had it all this time!

I've tried on multiple devices/phones ect (all windows or Android) and its the same issue.

Also I attempted to use the xfinity streaming app and it just displays a blank dialogue box where I can only select "ok".

The customer service rep tried to do a "UDP" (sp?) reset but that did not seem to work.

Very frustrated!

Expert

Re: HBOGO activation not working, redirecting to homepage

@KatieC1 wrote:

Recently I was trying to sign into the HBO go app on my Roku, and it keeps sending me to the xfinity webpage, asking me to sign up for $15/month even though I've had it all this time!

I've tried on multiple devices/phones ect (all windows or Android) and its the same issue.

Also I attempted to use the xfinity streaming app and it just displays a blank dialogue box where I can only select "ok".

The customer service rep tried to do a "UDP" (sp?) reset but that did not seem to work.

Very frustrated!

are you able to use the stream app and play HBO channels? if so try removing the HBOgo channel and remove the channel. then reboot the roku (remove power for 30 seconds or more) and plug back in. reinstall and login to the app. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same issue Smiley Sad
Trying to activate my roku TV. In the past HBO would direct me to the Comcast / xfinity site which would authenticate me and bounce me back to HBO so I could enter the displayed activation code.
The bounce back isn't taking place any more 😢
New Poster

Same issue with unfortunately :-(

Expert

@MikeAN wrote:

Same issue with unfortunately :-(

I just launched the channel and session was expired. to sign in it gave me a code and said to go to hbogo.com/activate   -- on that site on my desktop it asked the device type (roku) and then the provider. I had to wait for the screen to populate then selected Xfinity. The screen said that i was auto-authenticated and then after a few seconds cleared and asked for the 'code'. entered it, got verification process was complete. Roku then changed screen to regular HBOgo screen. tried on a desk/laptop to verify?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello!  I am having the same problem. I have been having it for months now.  Called in June 2018 and spoke with a Comcast rep for hours with no luck.  I have private messaged employees and posted on the forums multiple times, and no one has been able to help yet.  Here is what I'm seeing on October 2018.

I click on HBO Go with my Roku.  It gives me a code.

1.jpg  

As directed, I go to hbogo.com/activate and choose that I want to activate a Roku.

2.jpg   

I choose Xfinity from the providers' list and I log on using my e-mail and password.  This step used to take me to a screen where I could enter the code that the HBO Go app gave.

3.jpg    

Instead I get this--an offer to purchase HBO which I already have for $15 a month.  

4.jpg

Can someone please help?

New Poster

Not working