Community Forum

HBO go not letting me sign in

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

HBO go not letting me sign in

I'm trying to use the HBO go app and when I choose Xfinity as my provider it immediately gives me an error without even giving me a login screen. The stocked working the couple of months ago and I've only just know decided that I can't fix it myself. The actual error is:

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance

What do you suggest? Thanks!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: HBO go not letting me sign in

Hello, XfinUser2019. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I appreciate that you reached out to us with this concern and I would love to help.

Are you able to access HBO content using the Xfinity Stream app?

If not, you may want to review your service bill and make sure you are subscribed to HBO content. If you are able to access HBO content using the stream app, you can try uninstalling the HBO Go app and re-installing it. Alternatively, you can try signing in with a secondary username to see if that one works.

Please let us know if any of that helps or if you need further assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This is a problem where I can't even get to the login screen when I choose Xfinity on the HBO go app. a lot of other people have had this problem and reported it on these forums. Here is an example from just a month ago. And it looks like the Xfinity employee was able to do something on the back end to help it work. can you help me also? There's no reason the app shouldn't work and it's yet it seems to not work for many people and they get the same error. You might check with the colleague who answered the other post to see what they did.

@ComcastAmira

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/HBOGo-with-xfinity-provider-is-not-...
Highlighted
Official Employee

XfinUser2019, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to regain access to the HBO app, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!