Community Forum

HBO Go stopped working!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HBO Go stopped working!

I have a Samsung Smart TV, model UN60FH6200 (software version T-MST10PAUSC-2004.0).  I have the HBO Go app (version 2.00100).  For the last couple years, I have used the app to watch shows and movies.

Yesterday evening I tried to watch a show in the app, and it looked like it was loading up my show, gave me the parental warning / rating for the show, then gave the error message "We're sorry, video cannot be played at this time."

Troubleshooting:

tried playing other shows, movies

turn off tv

call Xfinity support and verify that I still have HBO on my account

unplug tv, cable modem, and router, then plug them all back in 1 at a time

"Reinstall" app in smart hub

Delete app in smart hub, then install it again, then activate device/app

Delete app, unplug all devices, wait a couple minutes, start everything up again and install app and activate device/app.

Attempt to update tv software (but already have current version)

Googling this problem found similar complaints in 2011 and 2016, and the only response I saw from Comcast/Xfinity was to update the tv software,  unplug devices, reinstall the app.  Many users complained that it was not working for months/years and there was no solution offered by HBO, Samsung, or Xfinity.  I have called or emailed all three, but I'm hoping someone on the forums can offer something useful.

Please help!

New Poster

Re: HBO Go stopped working!

Stopped. It Makes me want to put a passcode but I already have a account and have used it many times.
Expert

Re: HBO Go stopped working!

@Jackiecolby wrote:
Stopped. It Makes me want to put a passcode but I already have a account and have used it many times.

did you try testing account by using a smart device or desk/laptop?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!