Community Forum

HBO Go - "Trouble Verifying Access"

New Poster

HBO Go - "Trouble Verifying Access"

I added HBO. I am able to stream HBO shows from the Xfinity streaming app, but I would like to use HBO Go on my laptop and mobile phone. 

I am 'signing in' using "Xfinity"  on HBO Go.  The error message I am getting on both devices says, "Signed Out - We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. Your Parental Control settings do not allow you to view this network."

It also says, Service Code: H-d392d54e-74aa-430c-be31-7ee370903e86

I have never set up "parental controls" on my account.  I thought maybe HBO servers have not synched with Xfinity servers yet.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: HBO Go - "Trouble Verifying Access"

More Information: 

I tried access HBO Go on the cellular network, bypassing my router, and the same message appeared.

New Poster

Xfinity level 2 support says it is an HBO problem.

HBO says it is an Xfinity problem.

I canceled HBO and won't waste my time on this.

New Poster

I am stuck in the same loop with the same issue.... Please help
Official Employee

Hi @Mgmny

I can take a deeper look into this. Are you using your Comcast email address and password to login to HBO Go? If so, and you are still receiving this error, please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was having this same issue and I just resolved it by clearing my cookies from play.hbogo.com and auth.hbogo.com.

ComcastChe, I tried to send you a message as you described, but I do not see that option after clicking your name, just a bunch of kudos.

Official Employee

Hi @jasonrun

In order to send a private message, you may have to post a public post first. Thanks for letting me know you found a resolution. Hopefully, your workaround will help others as well. Let us know if you need anything in the future. Take care. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, 

I haven't received a private message regarding this error if you do still need assistance. please create a new thread and we will assist you as soon as possible. This thread will now be closed. Thanks.