Community Forum

HBO Go on PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4

New Poster

Playstation 3, HBOGO

Does HBOGO work on PS 3 or XBOX 360?

New Poster

Re: PS4 HBO GO

I'd like to know this as well...its been years and nothing has been resolved.
Problem Solver

Helllo Lcoffman1425 &Sdlrapx,

HBO Go availability on PS4  deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. You can use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick to access TV Everywhere apps from HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Also, our customers have access to these services on Roku, AppleTV, Xbox One and Google’s Chromecast.” 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Playstation 3, HBOGO

Hello Dalmation866,

Comcast does support HBOGO on the PSN.

Visitor

Re: HBO Go on PS4?

You have forwarded our concerns? It's been 3 years and still no progress on xfinity and Sony working out HBO go. It's a sick joke.
Problem Solver

Hello Username7,

We appreciate your feedback however; HBO Go availability on PlayStation (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. 

Comcast customers can use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick to access TV Everywhere apps from HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Also, our customers have access to these services on Roku, AppleTV, Xbox One and Google’s Chromecast.” 

New Poster

Re: HBO Go PS4

I agree. I have been patient the last few months hoping that Comcast would let me access HBO via my playstation so I could watch HBO on my gaming TV that doenst have a box. EVER OTHER CABLE PROVIDER CAN EXCEPT ME... why? I am paying a ton a money a month, the fact that this company is going out of it's way to inconvenience and force the market to do what it wants is disgusting. Please Comcast, stop preventing your customer from accessing the content that they are paying for or I will be switching providers. 

Official Employee

@cmshep13 wrote:

I agree. I have been patient the last few months hoping that Comcast would let me access HBO via my playstation so I could watch HBO on my gaming TV that doenst have a box. EVER OTHER CABLE PROVIDER CAN EXCEPT ME... why? I am paying a ton a money a month, the fact that this company is going out of it's way to inconvenience and force the market to do what it wants is disgusting. Please Comcast, stop preventing your customer from accessing the content that they are paying for or I will be switching providers. 

Apologies. HBO Go availability on Playstation (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

As you may know, we have come to agreements with Roku, Amazon and other third-party companies on these types of issues.

We continue to work with Sony on this. Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

They're not business decisions. Stop saying that. Stop saying we can buy another device.

I pay for HBO, I pay for Comcast. The device I choose to use doesn't matter. I have a PS4 and I wan't to use the service I paid for. Sony has nothing to do with this, and it's wrong of Comcast to try to extort money for unblocking the app. I'll also be making a net neutrality complaint, as well as raising the issue with my municipal government, who has granted comcast a monopoly. I can't wait to switch ISPs!

Expert
Moved:

This Post being removed per Forum Guidelines ( Flaming ). Your post that was removed was because you circumvented the language filter, not because you said DirecTV. You can review the Forum Guidelines here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
New Poster

Thats great that we can use HBO go on other devices that we dont need or want to use. I know over the last 3 years alot of people have wanted this on ps4. So since youve "forwarded our suggestions" whats been the determination? You say its a business decision well has comcast even ATTEMPTED anything to make this happen?
Problem Solver

Hello Rholste3,

I apologize for any inconvenience.  We are aware of the desire for HBO Go to be offered through the PSN. We want to bring Comcast to as many customers in as many ways as possible, unfortunately we could not reach an agreement with PSN at this time.

HBO Go is already offered on the PSN.  HBO already made an HBO Go app for the PS4.  If HBO and PSN have already come to agreement, then the accountability is on Xfinity.

Frequent Visitor

I would also like to see HBO Go  on the Playstation platform. A lot of the other providers have HBO Go for Playstation 3 and 4.

New Poster

HBO Go and Playstation 4

Is this any closer to being resolved on the business end with Comcast?  You guys have consistently answered this question for two years stating that its a business issue between Sony and Comcast.  We all know it has to do with money.  We just want to watch our paid for HBO on devices that we have also paid for.  It's ridiculous that you have control over this.  It is clear that you are the only company with an issue.  Fix it!

New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@cmshep13 wrote:

Apologies. HBO Go availability on Playstation (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

As you may know, we have come to agreements with Roku, Amazon and other third-party companies on these types of issues.

We continue to work with Sony on this. Thanks for your patience.

That may be true, but as you can see from the provider list on HBOGO's activation page, Sony has come to agreements with many competitor providers to provide HBOGO on the PS4, so... who does that indicate is the problem?  Sorry, but I just don't see that Sony is being the difficult party in this case.

That being said, I'm curious if Comcast worked out some sort of exclusivity agreement with Microsoft for the Xbox platforms.  It wouldn't be the first time that Microsoft has made "locking out Playstation", a part of their licensing agreements with other entertainment content providers.

Problem Solver

Re: HBO Go and Playstation 4

Hi m1courville,

I apologize for the delay, as of right now it is not supported. 

New Poster

Went looking for information on why this inexplicably doesn't work. Found out that people have been complaining about it for a year and a half. Still not resolved. Personally, I pay for HBO's service -through Xfinity- but can't watch it on Xfinity's OnDemand either (says I'm not signed up for it). HBO Go is all that works and I need to be able to watch it on a PS4.  Come on Comcast/Xfinity/WhateverYouWantToCallYourself. Its not rocket science.

Official Employee

@steveneaster wrote:

Went looking for information on why this inexplicably doesn't work. Found out that people have been complaining about it for a year and a half. Still not resolved. Personally, I pay for HBO's service -through Xfinity- but can't watch it on Xfinity's OnDemand either (says I'm not signed up for it). HBO Go is all that works and I need to be able to watch it on a PS4.  Come on Comcast/Xfinity/WhateverYouWantToCallYourself. Its not rocket science.

Apologies. This is not a technology issue, this is a business issue.  

HBO Go availability on PlayStation (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Comcast customers can use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick to access TV Everywhere apps from HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Also, our customers have access to these services on Roku, AppleTV, Xbox One and Google’s Chromecast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No, Ted, they can't use those devices. Please stop pasting that, it isn't helpful.

They bought a device of their choosing, they pay for comcast internet, they pay for HBO.

Comcast has no right to block my ability to consume content I paid for using the services I paid for just because they want to extort money out of Sony. The fix here is extremely simple and works with every other provider. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "flaming">

This is no different than disabling cable service on LG television sets while allowing it on Samsung sets, then demanding payment from LG in order to allow customers to use their LG TVs on Comcast. Does that sound ridiculous? Of course it does, and that's what you are doing.

That isn't a "business decision", it's a willful violation of Net Neutrality. Just let us use what we are paying for. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "flaming">. 

I sure am looking forward to getting a competing fiber provider in my area.

Official Employee

@Otterpops wrote:

No, Ted, they can't use those devices. Please stop pasting that, it isn't helpful.

They bought a device of their choosing, they pay for comcast internet, they pay for HBO.

Comcast has no right to block my ability to consume content I paid for using the services I paid for just because they want to extort money out of Sony. The fix here is extremely simple and works with every other provider. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "flaming">

This is no different than disabling cable service on LG television sets while allowing it on Samsung sets, then demanding payment from LG in order to allow customers to use their LG TVs on Comcast. Does that sound ridiculous? Of course it does, and that's what you are doing.

That isn't a "business decision", it's a willful violation of Net Neutrality. Just let us use what we are paying for.<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "flaming">

I sure am looking forward to getting a competing fiber provider in my area.

We have come to arrangements with all of the device manufacturers I mentioned. That is a truthful statement. We certainly know "how" to do this, we already have with many hardware providers. 

We haven't been able to come to an arrangement with Sony on their devices.

Generally, these arrangements can sometimes focus on authentication and authorization requirements and the safety of the customer's credentials as they are passed from each company.  

Frequent Visitor

Are you saying Comcast does not expect payment from Sony, and the blocker is that somebody doesn't know how to do OAuth properly?
New Poster

Re: Playstation 3, HBOGO

I only got HBO so i could get HBO GO for my PS3. Ridiculous... When will this be supported? One of the major devices, unacceptable.. SMH

New Poster

I just got Comcast Xfinity and when I found out that HBO Go was not avaible on my PS4 I was extremely dissapointed. I'm seriously considering returning to ATT Uverse that does offer it. Are you going to add it anytime soon?

New Poster

Why no HBOGO on PS4? I am seriously thinking of canning my Xfinity service at this point. One too many frustrating things--and the money I pay!

Silver Problem Solver

@Geezur wrote:

Why no HBOGO on PS4? I am seriously thinking of canning my Xfinity service at this point. One too many frustrating things--and the money I pay!

I have a PS/3 and I never thought about connecting to my X1 system with it.

What is the benefit?  Avoiding the monthly cost of an STB?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

For those who don't have any of those then what. You guys have no reason it should be block
Problem Solver

Hello Connormg,

I apologize for any inconvenience. As explained above, HBO Go availability on PS4 is a failure to come to a business agreement between the relevant entities. This may change in the future, as of now there only way to circumvent this is to use other options that support HBO Go.

New Poster

is it just me?

is it just me who is absolutely disgusted with paying for paying for all these great programs and is denied being allowed to use HBO GO on the playstation? i want a legitimate reason why it is a bad business move to support HBO GO on Sony platforms... stuff like this is why this company is slowly decaying...

New Poster

Hi. just signed a pretty pricy deal with Xfinity/Comcast just to find out I cannot get HBO on my PS4..it seems like this has been an issue for a while judging from the comments..

Realisticly, is this going to change, or should I just back out now? I only watch HBO on my PS4 in the past when I had TimeWarner because our main box is not in a much used room. 

I've been skeptical for a while now with this company with all the tiny little charges they like to throw on. This is just another thing to push me over if it's not realistily being worked on. 

New Poster

Re: HBO GO PlayStation 4

With HBO Now coming soon to the PS4, does Comcast plan to open up the HBO Go app for PS4?  It seems to me that if they do not, there would be a strong incentive to switch to a direct HBO Now account and cut Comcast out of the loop (remove HBO from one's Comcast package).

New Poster

This has to be a joke... It seems every other cable provider is on the list except the joke that is Xfinity.

New Poster

HBO Go on Playstation

Is the Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 supported devices of comcast on the HBO go app?

Official Employee
New Poster

Yeah this is bunk, I'm really ticked off about comcast

New Poster

HBO GO, PS4

I want to watch HBO Go on my PS4, I am extreamly dissapointed in the fact that this service is not supported, all other internet/cable providers are listed but not Xfinity. WTH is up with that? Why can't I access the programs that I pay for on one of the top selling entertainment consols on the market, This needs to fixed immediatly or Comcast will loose many customers. BOOOOOOOOO

New Poster

When does Xfinity plan on providing said devices for free? Because i pay an absurd amount of money on a cable package that I do not use because somehow just the internet is more expensive.
We're streamers. My girlfriend has a few video games she likes. We bought a PS4 so we could stream. Every other cable provider seems to have figured it out.
But your suggestion is "if you want to take advantage of a feature you're paying for, go out and buy a third party device"
Seriously Xfinity, it CANNOT be over stated: you're the worst.
Why not at least make it clear before peiple buy your package that HBO go will only work in PS4 if you use literally ANY OTHER CABLE CARRIER.
I cannot wait to ditch this BS
New Poster

EXACTLY. This is what I plan on doing. I'm also switching from my cable package altogether to Playstation Vue in DC. ust better quality and service and easy subscription. Comcast just hasn't listened to customers wanting access to on demand platforms. 

New Poster

That's the problem. We want support. Because you don't offer access on the PS4 app I'm switching to Playstation Now and dropping my cable altogether for playstation vue instead. 

New Poster

That is rediculous. Why don't I just stop paying for HBO through comacast and pay HBO directly then? You're telling me to go out and another 3rd party product? Why don't I just drop you guys completely and use a service that will give me access to the product I am paying for. 

Administrator

Re: HBO Go on Playstation

@luisfuentes38

As of today, 12/06/16, Xfinity customers are now able to authenticate the HBO Go App on PlayStation using their Xfinity log-in credentials. 

You can see the post above for additional information. 

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, please let us know. 

Contributor

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/806170087501615104

At long last.

to confirm:Screenshot 2016-12-07 08.54.35.png

Contributor
Official Employee

@Zordar wrote:

Screenshot 2016-12-07 08.54.35.png

Also see:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/806170087501615104

All - Thanks for your patience while this deal was worked.

As mentioned earlier, we want to bring our content to as many platforms as we can, but these are business deals that need to be negotiated and sometimes it can take time to come to agreeable terms.

We’re thrilled we were able to do so with Playstation, giving customers one more way to access their subscription.

New Poster

Re: HBO Go on PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4

Finally! Thanks.

New Poster

@ComcastJessie

I am having some problems with activating HBO Go on the PS4.

Steps 1 through 6 work perfectly.

But step 7 does not take me to an "Activate a Device screen"   Instead it takes me to https://www.xfinity.com/hbo and there is no location to enter the activation code.

Do you have any suggestions?

New Poster

This isn't working for me. I go to HBOGO.com/activate, select PS4, select Xfinity, enter my login details and I'm taken to my account page but it takes me to my account page and never offers an activation code.
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

was there every a solution to this problem?