Community Forum

HBO Go not working across multiple devices

New Poster

HBO Go not working across multiple devices

I've had a recent problem where HBO Go has simply ceased to function across multiple devices. I've been able to use it successfully on both my Samsung Smart TV and my Xbox One for several years, until recently, both stopped working (as best as I can tell) simultaneously. I recently got a Playstation 4 as well and... same problem. 

I get the same error message every time: "Can't Connect to HBO GO. We're having trouble connecting to the HBO Go service. Please check your Internet connection or try again later." Except it's been like this for getting on a month now, every single time I try. Three different devices, three different apps, exact same result. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app on all three; I've done the usual connection checks successfully; I've tried power cycling and all that stuff. Nothing has worked. 

And yet I can access HBO Go with no problem on my laptop, which tells me it's not the service, and it's not my account. The fact that it's happening across multiple devices suggests it's not a device-specific problem either. And the only thing left that all of these things have in common is my access provider. 

So, Comcast, what's the deal with me not being able to watch the HBO Go I pay for every month on devices that are supposed to support it?

Expert

Re: HBO Go not working across multiple devices

sidelongcite wrote:

I've had a recent problem where HBO Go has simply ceased to function across multiple devices. I've been able to use it successfully on both my Samsung Smart TV and my Xbox One for several years, until recently, both stopped working (as best as I can tell) simultaneously. I recently got a Playstation 4 as well and... same problem. 

I get the same error message every time: "Can't Connect to HBO GO. We're having trouble connecting to the HBO Go service. Please check your Internet connection or try again later." Except it's been like this for getting on a month now, every single time I try. Three different devices, three different apps, exact same result. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app on all three; I've done the usual connection checks successfully; I've tried power cycling and all that stuff. Nothing has worked. 

And yet I can access HBO Go with no problem on my laptop, which tells me it's not the service, and it's not my account. The fact that it's happening across multiple devices suggests it's not a device-specific problem either. And the only thing left that all of these things have in common is my access provider. 

So, Comcast, what's the deal with me not being able to watch the HBO Go I pay for every month on devices that are supposed to support it?

i tested the issue by installing and logging in to HBO Go on two android devices, both worked fine (had to select xfinity and login).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I mean, I can't even get to the place where I can select my device and provider. The app won't connect to the HBO Go service at all, on any of the three devices. 

Expert

sidelongcite wrote:

I mean, I can't even get to the place where I can select my device and provider. The app won't connect to the HBO Go service at all, on any of the three devices. 

you may need to contact HBO tech support (google HBO support).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

same here. called customer service and they said it's due to a contract dispute with HBO