Community Forum

HBO GO Xfinity Log In Not Working

New Poster

HBO GO Xfinity Log In Not Working

Hello, using android HBO GO App.  When I click on the Xfinity option to sign it , it doesn't even let me get to the section to log in, just says that it doesn't work.  Is this an issue other people are faced with?

Expert

Re: HBO GO Xfinity Log In Not Working

@ElJefe20028 wrote:

Hello, using android HBO GO App.  When I click on the Xfinity option to sign it , it doesn't even let me get to the section to log in, just says that it doesn't work.  Is this an issue other people are faced with?

HBO or Comcast or both must be having an issue right now. the TVgo HBO channel works though

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Still not working on HBO GO Android app, not sure what the deal is
Expert

@ElJefe20028 wrote:
Still not working on HBO GO Android app, not sure what the deal is

my hbo live/on-demand on the stream app on android work fine as does the TVgo channels for HBO. the HBOgo app was logged out and I could not get it to accept my Xfinity subscription.  I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello ElJefe20028, thank you for creating a post. I can assist you with getting logged into your app, to continue please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello ElJefe20028, thank you for creating a post. I can assist you with getting logged into your app, to continue please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

would you let me know too @ComcastAmir ? (android won't allow login)

Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote: would you let me know too @ComcastAmir ? (android won't allow login)

Sure, do you only have issues logging in with Android equipment? Do you get the same redirect? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastAmir wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: would you let me know too @ComcastAmir ? (android won't allow login)

Sure, do you only have issues logging in with Android equipment? Do you get the same redirect? 

on the iphone/ipad the device asks for my username/password. on the Android devices (3) it just 'fails' after selecting Xfinity for provider. I did try a 4th android and it worked and let me log in.

Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote: on the iphone/ipad the device asks for my username/password. on the Android devices (3) it just 'fails' after selecting Xfinity for provider. I did try a 4th android and it worked and let me log in.

On the fourth device do you have a different version of the app installed? This sounds like a compatibility issue, I have alerted our engineers to help resolve this issue. 

Expert

@ComcastAmir wrote:

@Rustyben wrote: on the iphone/ipad the device asks for my username/password. on the Android devices (3) it just 'fails' after selecting Xfinity for provider. I did try a 4th android and it worked and let me log in.

On the fourth device do you have a different version of the app installed? This sounds like a compatibility issue, I have alerted our engineers to help resolve this issue. 

all had the same version. the cheapest one (LG) is the one that actually allowed a login after it alone presented a login screen after selecting 'Xfinity". the others went to a blank screen and then back to the main HBOgo screen

New Poster

Same issue on a pixel XL. It errors out immediately after selecting Xfinity. I tried probably 10 times. How can I access hbo go?
New Poster

I am also having this issue, is there a way to login to HBO Go on an Android phone running version 9?

New Poster

I am having the same issue of not able to log in on My LG V10+ or Samsung Galaxy Tablet. @Comcast please help
New Poster

I'm having this same issue. Had there been any resolution?
New Poster

My login is not working as well. It logs me in but then when I go to watch anything it automatically logs me out.
New Poster

Having same issue as OP on a Pixel 2 XL. App errors out after choosing Xfinity as provider. Error says there's trouble verifying my access to HBOGo with my provider, but I'm never prompted to log in.
New Poster

Same issue for me for over 3 months. Works from iOS devices, will not work with my Samsung galaxy s8 plus. Worked fine prior to approx. Nov. 2018.