Community Forum

HBO GO Activation Not Working

Regular Visitor

HBO GO Activation Not Working

I have the same problem that has been the subject of many posts but have been unable to reply or post on those threads even though I am registered and logged in. A post by Comcast Zach in April invited all with this problem to PM him but I have not been able to do that either. When I go to hbogo.com/activate, I select roku as my device and then xfinity as my provider. Instead of being directed to a page where I can enter the activation code, as was always the case until yesterday, I end up on an xfinity my account page asking me if I want to add HBO to my plan. But I already have HBO. I would just like to activate HBO Go on my Roku which I am already paying for. From what I have seen, there is some sort of account refresh that will solve the problem but I am not sure how to do that. I do not have an X1 box but rather a TiVo Premier with cablecard.

Regular Visitor

Re: HBO GO Activation Not Working

Tried again today and it worked. Must have been a temporary problem and/or Comcast fixed it.

Regular Visitor

HBO Go Session lasted one day and now having the same problem trying to re-activate. What is going on?

Highlighted
Admin1

Hi jwbell1 -- I can help with your HBO Go issue. I received your PM with your username. Can you send me another PM confirming your name as it appears on your account for authentication please? I'll be able to get this resolved with that information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The name on the account is <Personal Information>. .