Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

HBO GO Activation Broken

Frequent Visitor

Re: HBO GO Activation Broken

@ComcastFrancisc

The device I am trying to use is a Samsung smart TV and an apple TV, therefore I dont think it is device specific. You are the only xfinity representative who has even come close to understanding the problem. Are you sure there is nothing you can recommend or someone to put me in contact with about this problem?

Thank you in advance!

New Poster

I was having the same problem and after multiple calls to Xfinity tech support a wonderful and caring rep whose name is Maliz finally figured out my issue. As it turns out, Xfinity set up a "New" account for my tv service, but they had me associated with an old account that was closed over 1 year ago. Once Maliz figured this out and did what she had to do on the back end to remove the old account info and attach everything to the new account, I had no problem llogging in to HBOGO. I can now link all the other apps to xfinity and they work as well. Xfinity does not have "Single Sign On" as of yet and this is a pain - I had to go and log in to each app (Fox, FXNow, NatGeo, Discovery....etc.) seperately. Hopefully Single Sign On will be available soon.

Last issue - and this seems to be an ABC app issue - I can't log out of the ABC app. It still shows DIRECTV as the provider and its locked with no way to deactivate DIRECTV from the ABC app. I have deleted the ABC app and reinstalled it several times...and still no luck. ABC tech support says that they are researching the problem and Apple tv tech support says they cant help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

@SomkeNQue

Thank you for the information, I wish I could call and specifically speak to Maliz!

I spent 3hrs on the phone with comcast customer service with no resolution, the representives I spoke with did not seem to understand the problem. They just tried to have me call HBO, instead. What a frustrating problem!

@ComcastFrancisc

Is there any way you could check my account to see if I am having the same issue that @SomkeNQue had?

"I was having the same problem and after multiple calls to Xfinity tech support a wonderful and caring rep whose name is Maliz finally figured out my issue. As it turns out, Xfinity set up a "New" account for my tv service, but they had me associated with an old account that was closed over 1 year ago. Once Maliz figured this out and did what she had to do on the back end to remove the old account info and attach everything to the new account, I had no problem llogging in to HBOGO."

New Poster

@stw5020 = Call this number - this is level 2 support - all US based people - it is a dedicated number. If they ask you for the "One Time Use" number - tell them you dont have it - Tell them that a Tech gave you this number. 866-671-5645  Ask for Maliz - she is the BEST!!!!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Administrator

@stw5020 wrote:

@SomkeNQue

Thank you for the information, I wish I could call and specifically speak to Maliz!

I spent 3hrs on the phone with comcast customer service with no resolution, the representives I spoke with did not seem to understand the problem. They just tried to have me call HBO, instead. What a frustrating problem!

@ComcastFrancisc

Is there any way you could check my account to see if I am having the same issue that @SomkeNQue had?

"I was having the same problem and after multiple calls to Xfinity tech support a wonderful and caring rep whose name is Maliz finally figured out my issue. As it turns out, Xfinity set up a "New" account for my tv service, but they had me associated with an old account that was closed over 1 year ago. Once Maliz figured this out and did what she had to do on the back end to remove the old account info and attach everything to the new account, I had no problem llogging in to HBOGO."

That is certainly one of the issues that can cause this problem, however this does not seem to be the case for you. The reason I believe it might be platform specific is due to the fact that it's happening after a certain period of time once the device asks you to log in. It might also be the reason why the agents recommended you to contact HBO since you are able to log into the site from what you have said before. Have you ever lost authorization when you log into the hbo site itself? 

New Poster

When I try to activate my device, it asks me the provider, I select it and then when I try to select comcast, it takes me to a HBOGO sign up page on Xfinity's website.

Administrator

When I try to activate my device, it asks me the provider, I select it and then when I try to select comcast, it takes me to a HBOGO sign up page on Xfinity's website.

In this case you surely just need a refresh https://www.xfinity.com/support/troubleshooting/

I went ahead and already sent one for you, but this is something you can surely do by yourself in the future. If this doesn't work, the issue might be related to something else. 

Administrator

Given the different reasons that can cause this issue, this thread will now be locked. If you are having a similar issue please post a new topic detailing the steps that you have tried to resolved. For most cases a refresh signal will solve it and that is detailed on the best answer for this post. Also make sure to detail the device that you are using or if you are doing this through a web browser. Their are certain devices that are currently not available with HBO. 

Here is a full list of all the partner sites that you can access with the xfinity credentials as long as you subscribe to the channel. 
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites