Community Forum

Get Started button on updated app is grayed out

New Poster

Get Started button on updated app is grayed out

I am unable to use the app because the get started button is not active (doesn't work)

Official Employee

Re: Get Started button on updated app is grayed out

@bobbyelizabeth wrote:

I am unable to use the app because the get started button is not active (doesn't work)

I'm sorry you are having trouble. That is typically caused by a momentarily bad network connection.  If you force-quit the app and relaunch it, the issue should be resolved.  Again, sorry.

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem. It’s not due to a bad internet connection.
Official Employee

Hello cks4301. 

Please sign out, then uninstall and reinstall the XFINITY Stream app and retest. 

Please let us know if you tried that and the issue persists.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I’m having this issue right now, grayed out. Help, want to see the game.
New Poster

Ah, the apps cellular was turned off.

Fixed.
New Poster

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded the app. Restarted my phone. Made sure I’m connected to my (Xfinity) Wi-Fi. All I get is an error that says it will “restart” my device and then the button is grayed out. Nothing works.
Expert

@emjwings87 wrote:
I’m having a similar issue. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded the app. Restarted my phone. Made sure I’m connected to my (Xfinity) Wi-Fi. All I get is an error that says it will “restart” my device and then the button is grayed out. Nothing works.

what device are you using? the app needs to be uninstalled. power the device down for 3+ minutes and power back up. reinstall the app and accept terms and conditions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.