New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

Administrator
Administrator

Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

World Cup Stream.JPG

The world’s largest soccer tournament kicks off Thursday, June 14, 2018 with the final match on Sunday, July 15, 2018. All Xfinity credentialed customers (including HSD-Only customers) will have access to some of the action via the XFINITY Stream site and app for FREE during FIFA World Cup 2018.

Log onto the XFINITY Stream website (https://tv.xfinity.com/) or download the app. Sign in with your Xfinity My Account credentials. The special collection of content for this event will be in the featured tiles upon logging in.

Available content includes:

Provider

Content Type

Date(s)

Description

FOX

Live linear streaming

6/16

•      Live free preview of FS1 available for all day

VOD

6/16-6/23

•      Full game replays of three matches

•      France-Australia

•      Peru-Denmark

•      Croatia-Nigeria

Telemundo

VOD

6/14-8/14

•      8-minute recaps of 43 group stage games

Short-form clips

6/14-8/14

•      100+ clips of ancillary pre-game and post-game content

Frequently Asked Questions:

I don’t have a video subscription but am an Xfinity internet subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during the 2018 FIFA World Cup?

All you need is your Xfinity credentials and access to Xfinity Stream via app or web (https://tv.xfinity.com/). A video subscription will be needed to continue enjoying a large portion of this content.

Am I able to watch live content during 2018 FIFA World Cup?

Yes. The Fox Network is providing a free preview of Live Fox Sports 1 (FS1) FIFA World Cup content all day Saturday, 06/16/18.

Can the content be viewed out of home?

Yes, some content can be accessed via Xfinity Stream app and web from both inside and outside the home.

For more FIFA World Cup information see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FIFA-World-Cup-2018-on-Xfinity/td-p/3102257

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Free FIFA World Cup 2018 content on Xfinity Stream

"Some content will be available ... outside the home". BALONEY! We pay a fortune to Comcast every month for internet and tv service. I'm currently out of town for a couple of days and want to watch some games. YES I CAN'T WATCH ANYTHING!! Thanks a lot, Comcast!!
New Poster

Same here. I was able to watch the opening match yesterday on my laptop away from home, but today I can't watch Portugal v Spain?? Why not? Very unhappy.

New Poster

Quality of Telemundo (added it to my Stream package) is horrible. Will this be improved? Pixelated images that are slow and freeze. Note that other video streaming services work just fine on the same set up.

New Poster

Just one day free teaser to entice customers, I think this is a markering blunder. Too bad these senseless mistakes will make customer unhappy. I am totally done with Comcast now. Enjoying World Cup via ATT Direct Now.
New Poster

1 day free is making lots of customers unhappy
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation