Community Forum

Fox News broadcast volume loss beginning July 1, 2019

New Poster

Fox News broadcast volume loss beginning July 1, 2019

Beginning yesterday, FOX News broadcast volume sound is reduced three fold.  Commercials still play at ordinary volume.  A simple test is to switch between CNN and FOX News and play the programming through the commercials.  CNN does not have the problem.  What changed yesterday?  I use Xfinity Stream on an IPad, I made no software changes.  Thx

Expert

Re: Fox News broadcast volume loss beginning July 1, 2019

@DenDe wrote:

Beginning yesterday, FOX News broadcast volume sound is reduced three fold.  Commercials still play at ordinary volume.  A simple test is to switch between CNN and FOX News and play the programming through the commercials.  CNN does not have the problem.  What changed yesterday?  I use Xfinity Stream on an IPad, I made no software changes.  Thx

is this the numbered channel available while attached to your home wif or the TVgo channel? did you try a different device (phone/tablet/PC/roku)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for taking your time...  yes, I went to All Channels to test this issue.  It happens with all Channels as well.  I also tested the Xfinity stream application on my Samsung 7 and it happens here too.  My biggest issue is I wear headphones.  When the commercials break in, the volume is at least 3 times louder when they play on Fox News.  This is new, I have been listening to Fox News using stream for nearly a year; I've never had this issue.  It just began on Monday.  I hope this isn't due to an employee with a political grudge against Fox News that dampened the broadcast volume?  Thx

New Poster

This wouldn't make any difference, but I am traveling this week and using the Hotel Wi-Fi.  I have been staying here since Friday without steaming issues.  The Fox News issue began on Monday.  The CNN broadcasts are not effected.

New Poster

I noticed this as well with Fox News (ch 265). Yesterday, it was happening from the Xfinity Stream app on my iPhone and now while using my laptop. I have no remedy for it, but you're not alone.

New Poster

Last evening, the problem has been corrected.  The volume has been restored to normal levels.

Official Employee

Hello DenDe, Thank you for glad to hear your volume issue has been resolved. Please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!