Community Forum

Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

Frequent Visitor

Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

I have tried everyting. Loging out, clearing cookies, deleting and reinstalling apps on roku, ipad, iphone... Nothing working.  Very frustrated. This is the only app that won't work with Xfinity login credentials.  Anyone else having this problem???

Expert

Re: Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

@murphy002 wrote:

I have tried everyting. Loging out, clearing cookies, deleting and reinstalling apps on roku, ipad, iphone... Nothing working.  Very frustrated. This is the only app that won't work with Xfinity login credentials.  Anyone else having this problem???

lets work on one device please. please use the iPhone, find the app's icon and touch and hold the icon until it shakes. then press the red "X" to remove it from your phone. then press and hold the power button on the iphone until the power-off optionn apears and power the iPhone completely off for 30 seconds or so. power the phone on, install the app again and attempt to login. did that work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.
Expert

@murphy002 wrote:
Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

after logging in (i got a code via SMS after logging in) and you get the provider page did you hit the x in the bottom center to clear that page?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

The cable channel for Fox News is down also...
Is this a Comcast/Fox problem or is Fox’s network somehow down? Never had this issue before?
New Poster

Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Frequent Visitor

I get an activation code on my roku. Problem is that it now never redirects me to enter that activation code. Just kicks me back to provider selection page.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!!!

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I’m using an iPhone too. I followed steps above but problem not fixed. I receive an error message “Comcast xfinity is not a supported provider for single sign on. Would you like to log into Xfinity account directly?” I select yes, enter my xfinity credentials but I’m then kicked out back to select a cable provider again. Please fix.
Official Employee

murphy002 wrote: Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

Are you using the Xfinity Stream app or are you trying to stream the content using the Fox app? 

zzz1231 wrote: Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Do you only have this issue while trying to view Fox content, or does this happen on all content? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastAmir wrote:

murphy002 wrote: Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

Are you using the Xfinity Stream app or are you trying to stream the content using the Fox app? 

zzz1231 wrote: Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Do you only have this issue while trying to view Fox content, or does this happen on all content? 

for me only fox new's 3rd party app. it was working fine until i logged out on cell phone. it won't activate now on either android/iphone

Frequent Visitor

Fox stream app only. All others ESPN, ect work fine
Official Employee

@murphy002, @Rustyben thank you for this information. I have also confirmed this issue on my end, I alerted our on demand team so they can get this taken care of with Fox. I will update this thread as we continue to make progress on getting this resolved. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Appreciate it!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. Xfinity please fix this!

New Poster

I get kicked out of xfinity multiple times a day while trying to watch Fox News.  It's very annoying.  And it isn't new.

New Poster

Have the same issue.  On any computer  It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen.

On my smartphone I get a page not found error.

New Poster

I too am having this issue...not only on my laptop, but my Android phone as well.  I have cleared caches, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fox News app and tried 4 separate browsers on my laptop but they all take me back to the login page where I select Comcast Xfinity and try in vain to login again.

@jpopp1 wrote:

Have the same issue.  On any computer  It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen.

New Poster

I am ready to cancel my xfinity service. This is so aggravating
Frequent Visitor

Not sure this is an Xfinity problem, per se.  

Mine was not working when I was in Florida but now that I'm back in my 

home state of Washington it is working fine on my ipad, Android phone, 

and laptop PC.

Expert

@ralfvin wrote:

I am having the same problem. Xfinity please fix this!

the issue is being looked at by foxnews engineers. it is not a comcast issue when you use the 3rd party app. 

Expert

@shannon1380 wrote:

I get kicked out of xfinity multiple times a day while trying to watch Fox News.  It's very annoying.  And it isn't new.

this thread is about the foxnews 3rd party app. are you speaking of the streaming website or the smart device stream TV app?

Expert

@jpopp1 wrote:

on smart phone you need to use the foxnews app (apple or android). foxnews ingineers are working on fixing their app's access problem.

Expert

@ken_sparks wrote:

I too am having this issue...not only on my laptop, but my Android phone as well.  I have cleared caches, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fox News app and tried 4 separate browsers on my laptop but they all take me back to the login page where I select Comcast Xfinity and try in vain to login again.

@jpopp1 wrote:

until foxnews's engineers fix the problem, use of their 3rd party app will not be possible. we are told foxnews is working on the issue. This issue is not caused by Comcast

Expert

@Davbon4444 wrote:
I am ready to cancel my xfinity service. This is so aggravating

i'm sorry you too are having trouble (same as I am). however this is not a Comcast issue it is foxnew's service and they are working on a fix to the issue.

Regular Visitor

I have the exact same issue.  Need it resolved please.

Frequent Visitor

As of tonight, works on all devices. Thank you for resolving issue!
Regular Visitor

Fixed!  Great Service, Thanks to all!

New Poster

Yes this just started with mine yesterday.
New Poster

It happens to me daily between 10-11am daily. I have looked at other channels and can get them fine. 

It seems it happens on Fox News.

New Poster

WHY?  could it Be Comcast is own by NBC

New Poster

I can only watch Fox News for about 15 minutes then I get kicked out or the volume is lost!  Why?

New Poster

I am having the same problem logging in.  Has any comcast employ bothered give us an answer to this problem yet?

New Poster

What is the answer to our login problem?  Have not seen one in this fourm yet. 

Expert

@abci wrote:

I am having the same problem logging in.  Has any comcast employ bothered give us an answer to this problem yet?

hi, what device are you using? stream app? what error message/error number are you receiving?

New Poster

Fox news on roku and apple tv:  Must log out of xfinity each time i close the app or the divice turns off.  This only happens with Fox New.  CNN etc i remain logged in for weeks.  

No issues or problems with the FOX news app on the IPHONE.

On the iPad, I can log in fine watch live TV.  When the divice is turned off or disconnected with the internet, when i try to restart the FOX news app i get an "unauthorized user" error message.   At this point I have to delete the app, reinstall the app sign in then no problem

Expert

@cimic wrote:

Fox news on roku and apple tv:  Must log out of xfinity each time i close the app or the divice turns off.  This only happens with Fox New.  CNN etc i remain logged in for weeks.  

No issues or problems with the FOX news app on the IPHONE.

On the iPad, I can log in fine watch live TV.  When the divice is turned off or disconnected with the internet, when i try to restart the FOX news app i get an "unauthorized user" error message.   At this point I have to delete the app, reinstall the app sign in then no problem

Comcast doesn't provide tech support for 3rd party apps not supplied by Comcast

New Poster

I want to access an Xfinity stream app for Fox news
Expert

@Loislarue wrote:
I want to access an Xfinity stream app for Fox news

you can log into your Xfinity Stream TV app and if in home select the normal in-home channel number. if away from the home select the fox news TVgo channel.

New Poster

I'm having this problem on my Apple TV in Florida. One day it works, anoother day it doesn't.

Expert

@Kjdasher wrote:

I'm having this problem on my Apple TV in Florida. One day it works, anoother day it doesn't.

that app is not supported by Comcast. perhaps they have a tech support web site?

New Poster

This happens periodically... spent hours with Comcast support..... not fixed. I see others in the past have had same issue.... what is the cause.

Expert

@Pattiannr wrote:

This happens periodically... spent hours with Comcast support..... not fixed. I see others in the past have had same issue.... what is the cause.

Comcast does not support the Fox News app problems. why not just use the Xfinity Stream TV app and watch fox news from the app?

New Poster

I’m not sure that offers live tv.
New Poster

Two days ago live tv was working fine on my Apple tv. Yesterday it worked for about 20 minutes. I went back a little later and FBN was locked from live viewing. Regular Fox News was also locked. I logged out and back into the app, and till locked. I rebooted the Apple tv and still locked. I pay a bundle for my Xfinity services and like to enjoy them when I travel to Florida on my Apple tv. All other apps work fine except the Fox apps.

Expert

@Pattiannr wrote:
I’m not sure that offers live tv.

when in-home watch the same numbered channels as you do on the X1. out of home use the TVgo Fox news channel.

Expert

@Kjdasher wrote:

Two days ago live tv was working fine on my Apple tv. Yesterday it worked for about 20 minutes. I went back a little later and FBN was locked from live viewing. Regular Fox News was also locked. I logged out and back into the app, and till locked. I rebooted the Apple tv and still locked. I pay a bundle for my Xfinity services and like to enjoy them when I travel to Florida on my Apple tv. All other apps work fine except the Fox apps.

Comcast doesn't support your TV apps (until and unless it is an Xfinity app). I can use the FN and FBN currently. you might want to call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to perform a full account database background refresh (can take an hour to complete). If the agent seems not to be able to do it or wants to refer it to another level ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

I spent over 4 hours with Comcast in this. No
Answer.
New Poster

I’m away from home. When I use Fox News app it doesn’t recognize my Xfinity log in . Says I’m unauthorized