Community Forum

Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

I have tried everyting. Loging out, clearing cookies, deleting and reinstalling apps on roku, ipad, iphone... Nothing working.  Very frustrated. This is the only app that won't work with Xfinity login credentials.  Anyone else having this problem???

Expert

Re: Fox News - Can't log in to stream live TV

@murphy002 wrote:

I have tried everyting. Loging out, clearing cookies, deleting and reinstalling apps on roku, ipad, iphone... Nothing working.  Very frustrated. This is the only app that won't work with Xfinity login credentials.  Anyone else having this problem???

lets work on one device please. please use the iPhone, find the app's icon and touch and hold the icon until it shakes. then press the red "X" to remove it from your phone. then press and hold the power button on the iphone until the power-off optionn apears and power the iPhone completely off for 30 seconds or so. power the phone on, install the app again and attempt to login. did that work?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.
Expert

@murphy002 wrote:
Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

after logging in (i got a code via SMS after logging in) and you get the provider page did you hit the x in the bottom center to clear that page?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

The cable channel for Fox News is down also...
Is this a Comcast/Fox problem or is Fox’s network somehow down? Never had this issue before?
New Poster

Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Frequent Visitor

I get an activation code on my roku. Problem is that it now never redirects me to enter that activation code. Just kicks me back to provider selection page.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!!!

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I’m using an iPhone too. I followed steps above but problem not fixed. I receive an error message “Comcast xfinity is not a supported provider for single sign on. Would you like to log into Xfinity account directly?” I select yes, enter my xfinity credentials but I’m then kicked out back to select a cable provider again. Please fix.
Official Employee

murphy002 wrote: Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

Are you using the Xfinity Stream app or are you trying to stream the content using the Fox app? 

zzz1231 wrote: Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Do you only have this issue while trying to view Fox content, or does this happen on all content? 

Expert

@ComcastAmir wrote:

murphy002 wrote: Still does not work. Same issue. Says I am automatically logged in then kicks me back to provider selection page.

Are you using the Xfinity Stream app or are you trying to stream the content using the Fox app? 

zzz1231 wrote: Have had this same problem. Going on almost a week now. It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen. Something is getting blocked or is causing this to not connect through properly. Never had this problem before last week. Doesn't matter if its on laptop or phone, same problem. Frustrating to be sure.

Do you only have this issue while trying to view Fox content, or does this happen on all content? 

for me only fox new's 3rd party app. it was working fine until i logged out on cell phone. it won't activate now on either android/iphone

Frequent Visitor

Fox stream app only. All others ESPN, ect work fine
Official Employee

@murphy002, @Rustyben thank you for this information. I have also confirmed this issue on my end, I alerted our on demand team so they can get this taken care of with Fox. I will update this thread as we continue to make progress on getting this resolved. Thank you for your patience. 

Frequent Visitor

Appreciate it!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. Xfinity please fix this!

New Poster

I get kicked out of xfinity multiple times a day while trying to watch Fox News.  It's very annoying.  And it isn't new.

New Poster

Have the same issue.  On any computer  It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen.

On my smartphone I get a page not found error.

New Poster

I too am having this issue...not only on my laptop, but my Android phone as well.  I have cleared caches, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fox News app and tried 4 separate browsers on my laptop but they all take me back to the login page where I select Comcast Xfinity and try in vain to login again.

@jpopp1 wrote:

Have the same issue.  On any computer  It asks to login using provider and after doing so with Xfinity it just kicks you back to the login screen.

New Poster

I am ready to cancel my xfinity service. This is so aggravating
Frequent Visitor

Not sure this is an Xfinity problem, per se.  

Mine was not working when I was in Florida but now that I'm back in my 

home state of Washington it is working fine on my ipad, Android phone, 

and laptop PC.

Expert

@ralfvin wrote:

I am having the same problem. Xfinity please fix this!

the issue is being looked at by foxnews engineers. it is not a comcast issue when you use the 3rd party app. 

Expert

@shannon1380 wrote:

I get kicked out of xfinity multiple times a day while trying to watch Fox News.  It's very annoying.  And it isn't new.

this thread is about the foxnews 3rd party app. are you speaking of the streaming website or the smart device stream TV app?

Expert

@jpopp1 wrote:

on smart phone you need to use the foxnews app (apple or android). foxnews ingineers are working on fixing their app's access problem.

Expert

@ken_sparks wrote:

I too am having this issue...not only on my laptop, but my Android phone as well.  I have cleared caches, uninstalled/reinstalled the Fox News app and tried 4 separate browsers on my laptop but they all take me back to the login page where I select Comcast Xfinity and try in vain to login again.

@jpopp1 wrote:

until foxnews's engineers fix the problem, use of their 3rd party app will not be possible. we are told foxnews is working on the issue. This issue is not caused by Comcast

Expert

@Davbon4444 wrote:
I am ready to cancel my xfinity service. This is so aggravating

i'm sorry you too are having trouble (same as I am). however this is not a Comcast issue it is foxnew's service and they are working on a fix to the issue.

New Poster

I have the exact same issue.  Need it resolved please.

Frequent Visitor

As of tonight, works on all devices. Thank you for resolving issue!
New Poster

Fixed!  Great Service, Thanks to all!

New Poster

Yes this just started with mine yesterday.