Community Forum

Error-tvapp 00116

New Poster

Error-tvapp 00116

I have Activated my service and my box but I went to watch xfinity stream on my Roku television and I get the above error message. Any suggestions?
Expert

Re: Error-tvapp 00116

@k9tiger wrote:
I have Activated my service and my box but I went to watch xfinity stream on my Roku television and I get the above error message. Any suggestions?

Hi, I moved your post to the stream TV app area of the forum. The Cloud TV services usually take up to 24 hours to complete. are you an X1 cable TV customer?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi,
I am receiving the same error code. Just changed over to xfinity for cable and when I go to stream off my TCL Roku TV in my bedroom, I keep getting the error code. I already factory reset the TV and deleted the app and re downloaded.
Expert

@DNysos wrote:
Hi,
I am receiving the same error code. Just changed over to xfinity for cable and when I go to stream off my TCL Roku TV in my bedroom, I keep getting the error code. I already factory reset the TV and deleted the app and re downloaded.

try the app on an android/apple device or a desk/laptop. works?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

No it is not working. I get your subscription does not include this channel on every channel
Expert

@DNysos wrote:
No it is not working. I get your subscription does not include this channel on every channel

do you have at least one X1 set top box in your home working?

New Poster

Yes I do
Expert

@DNysos wrote:
Yes I do

then call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to verify that your username is attached 'only' to your current address/account number.

New Poster

They are trying to tell me that there outages on the stream app but when I checked my area it said that this area was good
New Poster

They say the same thing to me
New Poster

Same thing here. Same error message, same answer from Comcast, and this started 3 months ago and still same issue with no resolution. I've wasted many hours only to have them keep putting me on hold then returning and saying is it ok now? Then they blamed it on everything except their fault (my ROKU, my TV, my) They're totally useless! Was so disgusted that I switched to DirecTV Now and no error messages, no streaming issues whatsoever.
New Poster

We just built a house, we have 15 Roku TVs and one TV with a cable box. We're using the Xfinity App on the Roku's. While testing ALL the TVs, we got the error msg TVAPP0016 when we got to the 6th TV. I'm wondering if Xfinity limits how many devices you can stream on at any one time.
Highlighted
Expert

@jlhasbrouck1 wrote:
We just built a house, we have 15 Roku TVs and one TV with a cable box. We're using the Xfinity App on the Roku's. While testing ALL the TVs, we got the error msg TVAPP0016 when we got to the 6th TV. I'm wondering if Xfinity limits how many devices you can stream on at any one time.

the streaming plan with a set top box in the home allows 5 simultaneous streams at one time. Sometimes a set top box itself can be one of the streaming devices if streaming a cloud copy of a recording. many more can be authorized so as one stops streaming a slot opens.

New Poster

That makes sense, what if I had one or 2 more cable boxes? Would that allow me to stream on more devices?
Official Employee

jlhasbrouck1, that's a great question. I know that the XFINITY Apps are provisioned by username, so you can test by signing into the stream app via another UID associated with your account. I believe the max is 5 simultaneous stream per account but I'm not sure. I'll get you the answer though. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Funny thing about signing in with another User ID associated with the account... we did that by accident at the new house. Took a few calls to figure out that we were using a Username from another account of ours, you have to use the Username and password that is attached to the router that's at that address. They track by the public IP address that's given to your router.
New Poster

Limit of 5 streaming devices

A friend had Comcast at their house the other day and asked about our situation. The guys said that we needed to get the highest internet Comcast offers in order to stream that many TVs. I'm a little sceptical tho, I'm wondering if the Comcast guys were assuming we are having WiFi or data speed problems. We are definitely NOT having WiFi or speed problem. I have very high-end access points in the house. I'm thinking it's a limit issue and hope that we can just pay more to stream more. Just need someone to say go, I'll pay more.
Official Employee

Re: Limit of 5 streaming devices

Hi @jlhasbrouck1

I was able to locate more information regarding the number of devices you can stream at once when using partner devices. Unfortunately, increasing your speeds will not allow you to stream more than 5 devices at a time. You can find more frequently asked questions about Xfinity Stream App and Xfinity TV Partner devices, here

How many Partner Devices can I use?
Xfinity TV customers can stream to up to five devices simultaneously, with a total of 45 devices registered on the account. The limit of five simultaneously streaming devices includes Partner Devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers. Xfinity Instant TV customers can stream to up to two devices simultaneously. 

I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.