Community Forum

Error createDrmSession 403-102

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Error createDrmSession 403-102

Recieving Error Error createDrmSession 403-102 on my Roku Streaming sticks since i replaced my modem w/ a newer model.  Everything else in the house is still working properly on the internet and Roku sticks can connect to wifi and Netflix/Disney+, etc... Power Cycled all devices w/ no luck.  Factory defaulted my Roku devices and tried to setup Xfinity Stream again w/ no success.  Only variable was the change in my new modem.  Everything was working fine until that change.  Called Tech Support w/ absolutely no luck, they want to send a technician to my house to troubleshoot.  Not feeling too hopeful at this point.  From reading the comments in the Forum is there anyone that can help update backend database w/ my correct modem info?  Upon loggin into my account all looks well in regards to device MAC addy showing correctly.  Please Help!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Error createDrmSession 403-102


@00HelpMe00 wrote:

Recieving Error Error createDrmSession 403-102 on my Roku Streaming sticks since i replaced my modem w/ a newer model.  Everything else in the house is still working properly on the internet and Roku sticks can connect to wifi and Netflix/Disney+, etc... Power Cycled all devices w/ no luck.  Factory defaulted my Roku devices and tried to setup Xfinity Stream again w/ no success.  Only variable was the change in my new modem.  Everything was working fine until that change.  Called Tech Support w/ absolutely no luck, they want to send a technician to my house to troubleshoot.  Not feeling too hopeful at this point.  From reading the comments in the Forum is there anyone that can help update backend database w/ my correct modem info?  Upon loggin into my account all looks well in regards to device MAC addy showing correctly.  Please Help!


to help diagnose the problem run the stream app on a smart phone/tablet. works? on a smart device run the xfinity my account app. select the internet tab. is there only one gateway modem listed? touch the modem/gateway shown and compare the serial number with the HFC MAC address on your new modem/gateway. does it match exactly character by character?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Error createDrmSession 403-102

I have the same problem; after switching the modem today and stream app now thinks I'm out of home network. I was with few reps and did the normal protocol(reboot , reprovisioning, logout/login,etc.) and none worked. I keep telling them my modem on my account has status unavailable and no details. This is probably the root cause but nobody seems to know how to fix this. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Error createDrmSession 403-102


@random_discon wrote:

I have the same problem; after switching the modem today and stream app now thinks I'm out of home network. I was with few reps and did the normal protocol(reboot , reprovisioning, logout/login,etc.) and none worked. I keep telling them my modem on my account has status unavailable and no details. This is probably the root cause but nobody seems to know how to fix this. 


go to the smart device 'my account' app. sign in and go to the internet tab. is only one modem/gateway listed? click on the modem and compare the serial number shown there with your actual gateway/modem's HFC MAC address. is it the same character by character?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Error createDrmSession 403-102

I see the cable modem but with no details. Serial # and mac address are empty.

modem_no_details_1.png

 

 

When I tried to restart/reboot modem. It gives me an error message

 

"Troubleshooting is Unavailable".

This feature is only available to Xfinity Internet customers

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Error createDrmSession 403-102


@random_discon wrote:

I see the cable modem but with no details. Serial # and mac address are empty.

modem_no_details_1.png

 

 

When I tried to restart/reboot modem. It gives me an error message

 

"Troubleshooting is Unavailable".

This feature is only available to Xfinity Internet customers


you posted in the stream app area of the forum but image looks like it is from a desk/laptop?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!