Community Forum

Error createDrmSession.403-102

New Poster

Error createDrmSession.403-102

For five days now I have been receiving an error message when trying to open Xfinity stream on my Roku ultra or my iPhone. The screen on my Roku says welcome this device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smart phone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, anytime you like. I am connected to my in-home WiFi, I have even connected directly to my modem. I haven’t made any changes recently and have had no issues until now. I own my own modem and router. I have called customer service 3 times and at least an hour and a half each time and no one can tell me why this is happening. They tell me I am experiencing an outage and it will be resolved the next day only it hasn’t been resolved. Last night I was told that in order to use the Xfinity Stream app that it is now REQUIRED to rent a modem from Comcast. Please help me figure this out.
Expert

Re: Error createDrmSession.403-102

@calvinslife1 wrote:
For five days now I have been receiving an error message when trying to open Xfinity stream on my Roku ultra or my iPhone. The screen on my Roku says welcome this device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smart phone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, anytime you like. I am connected to my in-home WiFi, I have even connected directly to my modem. I haven’t made any changes recently and have had no issues until now. I own my own modem and router. I have called customer service 3 times and at least an hour and a half each time and no one can tell me why this is happening. They tell me I am experiencing an outage and it will be resolved the next day only it hasn’t been resolved. Last night I was told that in order to use the Xfinity Stream app that it is now REQUIRED to rent a modem from Comcast. Please help me figure this out.

hi, moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. You can use your own gateway/modem unless you have an xi6 or xi7 x1 set top box. have you recently changed your gateway/modem? run the Xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab, then select your gateway. compare the serial number shown to the label on your gateway. do the numbers/letters match exactly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello calvinslife1. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm glad you reached out to us for help with this issue. If you are receiving out-of-home messages while connected to your in-home network, then it is likely that your modem isn't showing its registered to your account. I would like to take a closer look and help you get this fixed. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

calvinslife1, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to stream successfully again inside your home, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.