Community Forum

Error code issue: 12012

Frequent Visitor

Error code issue: 12012

Hello,
Upgraded to Limited Basic tier (as part of Choice double play) on 12/28/18 (former TV subscriber, had previously used Stream app) and receiving the Subscription Required, error code 12012 for anything I try to stream live, in home or TV Go; can stream cloud DVR programming with no issue. I use a Galaxy S8 and Roku; have already been through basic troubleshooting steps (sending refresh signals, including username/profile reset) and have had no success. Let me know what additional information is needed from me and appreciate the help in advance with this baffling issue!
Expert

Re: Error code issue: 12012

@crazy2525 wrote:
Hello,
Upgraded to Limited Basic tier (as part of Choice double play) on 12/28/18 (former TV subscriber, had previously used Stream app) and receiving the Subscription Required, error code 12012 for anything I try to stream live, in home or TV Go; can stream cloud DVR programming with no issue. I use a Galaxy S8 and Roku; have already been through basic troubleshooting steps (sending refresh signals, including username/profile reset) and have had no success. Let me know what additional information is needed from me and appreciate the help in advance with this baffling issue!

do you have home equipment (set to box) and modem/gateway installed and activated? are you connected to your own home wifi while in your home? have you tried using cell data and testing to see if the TVgo channels play normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Have you uninstalled/installed the TV Stream app?  Maybe it needs to re-associate itself with your updated account.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

Yes, have tried all of the above and still receiving error message/code unfortunately.
Expert

@crazy2525 wrote:
Yes, have tried all of the above and still receiving error message/code unfortunately.

do you have home equipment (set top box) and modem/gateway installed and activated? are you connected to your own home wifi while in your home? have you tried using cell data and testing to see if the TVgo channels play normally?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, crazy2525. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with trying to stream. If you answered yes to any of Rustyben's questions I would like to look further into this. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Rustyben: Yes to all of the above, thank you. And I will send you a PM Michael, thank you for reaching out.
Expert

@crazy2525 wrote:
Rustyben: Yes to all of the above, thank you. And I will send you a PM Michael, thank you for reaching out.

when you used cell data were you able to view and use the TVgo programs?

Frequent Visitor

I was not able to, same error. Can only view Cloud DVR programming.
Expert

@crazy2525 wrote:
I was not able to, same error. Can only view Cloud DVR programming.

that helps.. what about TVgo channels?

Frequent Visitor

Still receive error message on TV Go channels; trying to view any live TV triggers this error code.
Expert

@crazy2525 wrote:
Still receive error message on TV Go channels; trying to view any live TV triggers this error code.

what is the text part of the error message?

Frequent Visitor

See screenshot; issue has been escalated to advanced support team.
Screenshot_20190106-200110_Stream.jpg
Expert

@crazy2525 wrote:
See screenshot; issue has been escalated to advanced support team.

call 800-Comcast and select Customer service. ask the agent to transfer your call to the app support team. ask the app support team to refresh your app entitlements. fixed? (you might want to call during USA daytime hours if you don't get help tonight)

Frequent Visitor

Issue is fixed, thank you all for the help!

Highlighted
Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, crazy2525. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.