Community Forum

Error TvApp-00116

New Poster

Error TvApp-00116

Trying to find a solution to my Roku stick error situation. I have factory reset the Roku and I’m still receiving this error. Any suggestions?
Expert

Re: Error TvApp-00116

@GaGirl701 wrote:
Trying to find a solution to my Roku stick error situation. I have factory reset the Roku and I’m still receiving this error. Any suggestions?

hi, is the roku connected to your own home wifi xfinity internet service? do you have X1 set top boxes in your home on your account?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, GAGirl701. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. What Rustyben asked are all valid questions. I would also like to look at a few things on the back end server. Could you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

HI I'm currently a instant tv only customer.  I had this error on my roku.  Error TvApp-00116 I then logged into the stream tv on the computer using the chrom browser.  I promptly recieved Error TVAPP-00108) when selecting live tv to watch HGTV.  It will show you maximum concurent streams exceded.  You can manage streams at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/settings/devices. 

Expert

@Chesapeake1256 wrote:

HI I'm currently a instant tv only customer.  I had this error on my roku.  Error TvApp-00116 I then logged into the stream tv on the computer using the chrom browser.  I promptly recieved Error TVAPP-00108) when selecting live tv to watch HGTV.  It will show you maximum concurent streams exceded.  You can manage streams at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/settings/devices. 

instant TV is limited to max of 2 streams at same time. Same number of tuners for recording with max 20 hours for the Cloud DVR lite

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes this is correct Rusty.  I was merely stating how you can use your computer browser to get an error code that makes sense when you encounter TvApp-00116 on roku. 

Expert

@Chesapeake1256 wrote:

Yes this is correct Rusty.  I was merely stating how you can use your computer browser to get an error code that makes sense when you encounter TvApp-00116 on roku. 

do you have ability to set a recording on your Roku app? the 00116 error code means no TV subscription (as in have no home equipment and no instant TV).

Frequent Visitor

Hi Rusty I do have the ability to set the recordings.  The error only appears in my circumstance on roku once I select live TV and select a tv station.  I only get the code once I'm beyond the 2 TV limit.  

Expert

@Chesapeake1256 wrote:

Hi Rusty I do have the ability to set the recordings.  The error only appears in my circumstance on roku once I select live TV and select a tv station.  I only get the code once I'm beyond the 2 TV limit.  

ok good to know. knowing you do see the record option means the instant TV is 'on' for your account. now readers of the forum will know it can mean for instant TV that live streams are maxed out at 2. be sure on streaming website (not roku) to exit out of the stream using the X on the player area not just close the browser as that may count as 'one' open stream for not being closed properly. 

Official Employee

Hello, GaGirl701. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.