Community Forum

Error TVAPP-00281

New Poster

Error TVAPP-00281

Samsung tv does not stream several channels, mostly local.
Error is This video cannot be played
Reinstalls and reconnecting to the network in various sequences do not work
It would be helpful to have an error code look up for troubleshooting
New Poster

Re: Error TVAPP-00281

I just recently started getting this same error on my samsung TV with the APP. It is mostly local channels as well, but random ones are affected too. Is this an issue with comcast and the app?

Expert

what happens when you use a smart phone/tablet and the stream app or a desk/laptop and the xfinity stream website.  do the channels work normally on different devices?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am also getting this error on our Samsung TV. Nothing working - any luck with yours?

Official Employee

Hi there, @Sickofit9. I wanted to follow up on the issue you posted about. Are you still seeing that? 

Thank you for posting to our forums. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this problem, and now the on demand replays loop and skip audio and video every few minutes so that they are not viewable.

Official Employee

Hello, grantl2! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I'm glad you reached out to us for help with this issue and I would love to take a closer look to help identify the cause of this disruption in your video services and we can get it fixed. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I'm having this same error. Please help
Official Employee

Hi there, Braden1551. 

Are you experiencing internet issues at all during the times you see the error? 

Regular Visitor

I see from this forum that it is not an issue that is localized to my personal equipment or set up.  Comcast, you have a systemic problem with your beta App and need to post the fix. I for one do not want to PM with a tech when everyone could benefit from a posted fix.

Official Employee

Hi grantl2. We apologize for the issues you are experiencing while our app is in Beta. The Xfinity Stream app is currently offered in a "beta" version that does not include the full set of features and functionality included in the Xfinity Stream app for mobile devices and web portal. Future releases of the app will include additional features and functionality, as well as improved stability and optimization. When using the "beta" app, you will not be charged an "additional outlet" service charge. Pricing may change in the future.

If you send us a PM, we can create and send a ticket to our Advanced Repair team to further investigate. Feel free to send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. If you don't want to, I understand, and will pass along your feedback. 

New Poster

I receive the same error code for most of my local market channels. When I use my phone those channels come in just fine.
New Poster

I recently switched to tge xfinity streaming app i have a samsung tv, i get this error constantly, any fix?

Expert

@Chjo wrote:

I recently switched to tge xfinity streaming app i have a samsung tv, i get this error constantly, any fix?

not sure what you mean by 'switched'. do you have an xfinity X1 set top box(es) active, working and in use in your home?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.