Community Forum

Downloading

New Poster

Downloading

When trying to download a recorded tv show on to my IPad or iPhone, the downloading will only go to about 35% then stop and start over. Tried several times. What's the matter??

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Downloading

Any chance you do not have any space left on your mobile device?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Problem Solver

Re: Downloading

We actually check for available space with a conservative estimate of download size (iow, we err on the side of overestimating, and add a 200MB on top of that), so if lack of space were the issue, he'd have gotten a warning ahead of time. I can think of a couple reasons the download might start over: one is that it failed due to a high number of missing video fragments, and is being retried. If the video fragments don't suddenly appear between retries, the download will eventually fail for good. (This could be a CDN issue or a recording or video packaging issue.) Another is that the download was routed to one data center when it started, it paused in the background, and then when a resume was attempted on a different network, it was routed to a different data center. This is less likely, but it _can_ happen—and resume data is data center-specific. In that case the download would start over from the beginning because there's no information on the server about where it left off. :-/ Again, less likely, but possible. @RTuseth, does the recording play without issue if you try to stream it?

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon