Community Forum

Downloading keeps stopping and restarting while on LTE network

New Poster

Downloading keeps stopping and restarting while on LTE network

I fly a lot, so I often download my DVR shows to my iPhone while on my way to airport, in hotel, or just outside of my house in general. If I’m not on WiFi, I frequently experience shows that download quite a bit, then all of a sudden stop, restart, or sit in the queue. It is beyondddd frustrating! Why does this keep happening? Sometimes I even have to cancel the download entirely if I have any hope of it restarting again. My shows are mostly just 1 hour long. The fact that it downloads quite a bit (75%, 90%, etc), proves that it’s possible to download on LTE. When I download on WiFi, the shows have no errors, corruption, or time gaps. A lot of shows DO finish downloading. Most of them take multiple tries. I never can download a full queue of shows before I hit the airport. This is very upsetting and frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help.
Expert

Re: Downloading keeps stopping and restarting while on LTE network

@JR3288 wrote:
I fly a lot, so I often download my DVR shows to my iPhone while on my way to airport, in hotel, or just outside of my house in general. If I’m not on WiFi, I frequently experience shows that download quite a bit, then all of a sudden stop, restart, or sit in the queue. It is beyondddd frustrating! Why does this keep happening? Sometimes I even have to cancel the download entirely if I have any hope of it restarting again. My shows are mostly just 1 hour long. The fact that it downloads quite a bit (75%, 90%, etc), proves that it’s possible to download on LTE. When I download on WiFi, the shows have no errors, corruption, or time gaps. A lot of shows DO finish downloading. Most of them take multiple tries. I never can download a full queue of shows before I hit the airport. This is very upsetting and frustrating. Thank you in advance for your help.

update to latest version of stream app. the new version lets you know why downloads fail (and faster to tell you too).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!