Community Forum

Downloaded shows not showing up when in airplane mode

Contributor

Downloaded shows not showing up when in airplane mode

I recently went on a trip for work.  Before I left, I downloaded as many recorded shows as possible from the DVR so that I could watch them on the plane.  However, once I put the phone into airplane mode, all of the shows disappeared.  This was extremely frustrating and made for two (there and back) exceptionally long airplane rides.    I have used the app on the plane in the past without any problems.  Why did it happen this time?

Expert

Re: Downloaded shows not showing up when in airplane mode

anthonydemarco wrote:

I recently went on a trip for work.  Before I left, I downloaded as many recorded shows as possible from the DVR so that I could watch them on the plane.  However, once I put the phone into airplane mode, all of the shows disappeared.  This was extremely frustrating and made for two (there and back) exceptionally long airplane rides.    I have used the app on the plane in the past without any problems.  Why did it happen this time?

you didn't say what kind of device you are using. I did a test on an iphone and an android phone. the iphone process worked flawlessly. The android downloaded and showed the asset in the recordings. turned on airplane mode and the phone said no recordings. turned on wifi and the recordings appeared. Tried force closing the app on android and reopening in airplane mode, no change. had to have wifi. Will report.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Thank you rustyben,

It is in fact an android phone.

Official Employee

anthonydemarco wrote:

Thank you rustyben,

It is in fact an android phone.

Sorry we let you down and I totally understand how frustrating that must have been. The Android team is aware of a bug that can cause this to happen on occasion and will have it fixed for the next release.  Again, sorry.

New Poster

Hi, can you give us an update on when this fix will be made (ie when is the next release planned)?

New Poster

can we revert to an older version?  This is much more than an inconvience, it is a major problem with your offering.  Another reason to switch to TIVO ??

Expert

unhappyuser5 wrote:

can we revert to an older version?  This is much more than an inconvience, it is a major problem with your offering.  Another reason to switch to TIVO ??

after they beta test in-house they have to submit for app review. Date/time is not announced.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.