Community Forum

Download Appears to Reach 100%,Then Restarts Download

Frequent Visitor

Download Appears to Reach 100%,Then Restarts Download

I've now had 2 different shows, both soccer matches, that won't properly download.  The file seems to get close to 100%, but not all the way there, then starts all over again at 0% and keeps downloading.  I have plenty of space, more than 10 GB free, so space is not an issue.  I have successfully downloaded soccer matches from the same channel in the past with no issues.  I am able to successfully download 1 hour long programs in HD, the soccer matches are unfortunately in SD, so likely a much smaller file.

Any suggestions to fix this would be great.

BTW, this is on my Android tablet.  I have verified that there are no Steam TV app updates.  Anyone else having this issue?  Anyone from Comcast have suggestions on how to fix this?

Tags (3)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Download Appears to Reach 100%,Then Restarts Download

I did some additional testing, the file gets to 92% then resets to 0% over and over again.  

I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled and still had the same issue.  

Expert

slerner wrote:

I did some additional testing, the file gets to 92% then resets to 0% over and over again.  

I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled and still had the same issue.  

when the cloud DVR has a problem with the recording (missing parts or corrupted for example), you don't get an error message the action just restarts. Have you tried downloading a 30 minute recording and an hour recording for testing to see if they complete? what is your version of stream app?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rustyben, thanks for replying!

I have successfully downloaded several 1 hour long tv episodes after I reinstalled.  It seems to be limited to these longer 2 - 3 hour files of soccer matches.  

My app version is 4.7.1.005, this is on an Android Nexus 7 tablet.

Expert

slerner wrote:

Hi Rustyben, thanks for replying!

I have successfully downloaded several 1 hour long tv episodes after I reinstalled.  It seems to be limited to these longer 2 - 3 hour files of soccer matches.  

My app version is 4.7.1.005, this is on an Android Nexus 7 tablet.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

That's great, thank you!

Official Employee

Hello slerner, I can assist you with getting your content to download on your app. First I need to check your credentials on my end to make sure everything is lined up correctly on the back end system. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Frequent Visitor

Will do...btw I've tried this now with 3 different soccer matches, all from the same channel and have had the exact same behavior.  All 3 get to 92% and start over again.

Official Employee

slerner wrote: First match since the update worked and it was one of the longer games. Thank you for getting this resovled.

I am glad that we were able to take care of this for you, have a good day.