Community Forum

Do not like the new app

New Poster

Do not like the new app

Why does the app freeze up ever time near the end of a program?

Expert

Re: Do not like the new app

codeclip1 wrote:

what device are you using? can you descibe more fully what you mean by freeze up?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

codeclip1 wrote:

Sorry, I know how frustrating that must be. There is a bug with a 3rd party app component which causes this to happen on occasion. The vendor just delivered a fix which is being tested now and Comcast hopes to release an app update on Monday (assuming testing goes well). 

Regular Visitor

It's not an occasional happenstance. It's an ongoing issue with an app that Xfinity owns. It's not just frustrating, it's bait & switch. Dan, I know you're just another underpaid Xfinity Minion who's given a script to follow when things don't work so I don't blame you personally. But really, they should give you better excuses to give us.
Official Employee

Bowmey wrote:
It's not an occasional happenstance. It's an ongoing issue with an app that Xfinity owns. It's not just frustrating, it's bait & switch. Dan, I know you're just another underpaid Xfinity Minion who's given a script to follow when things don't work so I don't blame you personally. But really, they should give you better excuses to give us.

I appreciate your concern but this isn't a script. There is a known bug and I give you my sincere apology because this one is particularly frustrating. Nobody wants to get near the end of a show and run into problems. 

You'll always get information from me straight and unfiltered - script free.

-ComcastDan