Community Forum

Delete Recording screen keeps appearing after a recording has been deleted

Frequent Visitor

Delete Recording screen keeps appearing after a recording has been deleted

I'm using Xfinity Stream Beta with Roku.   This has occurred for the past several weeks, regardless of which of 4 TVs I'm watching.  When I delete a program recording then try to watch another recording (or sometimes a live show), the screen is almost always covered by a black box with the same Delete Recording message.  The only difference is that neither Yes or No are highlighted.  In order to watch the next program, I usually have to back all the way out (not log out) of Xfinity Stream, then go back in and select a recorded program to watch.  Is this a widespread issue?  Is there a known fix?

Expert

Re: Delete Recording screen keeps appearing after a recording has been deleted

@llgrubbs wrote:

I'm using Xfinity Stream Beta with Roku.   This has occurred for the past several weeks, regardless of which of 4 TVs I'm watching.  When I delete a program recording then try to watch another recording (or sometimes a live show), the screen is almost always covered by a black box with the same Delete Recording message.  The only difference is that neither Yes or No are highlighted.  In order to watch the next program, I usually have to back all the way out (not log out) of Xfinity Stream, then go back in and select a recorded program to watch.  Is this a widespread issue?  Is there a known fix?

there are other threads on this issue in this area of the forum. Comcast has not yet confirmed nor stated engineers are working on the issue. we customers found out you have to exit the app after deleting (if deleted at end of playing back the recording).  I volunteered to work with a Comcast Official employee on this issue but it is not yet resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. It's aggravating but not fatal. Probably not a high priority for Comcast.
Official Employee

Good morning. Thank you for posting, llgrubbs! Like Rustyben mentioned, this is something that have heard about and have seen recent posts about from a few users. It is a beta app of course and because of that, it is a work in progress. I'm not currently seeing any "known issue" declared for this at this time, which typically means we're in need of gathering more information on it. What I can do is open a request for you. What will happen is the details of the issue will be reviewed in that request, it will be researched, and possibly duplicated on our end. In order for me to get that going, please send me a private message with your name and best contact number. I will reply from there and will be sure to check in with you along the way as the issue is investigated.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I will reply from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I’ve been having this issue for about 3 weeks. Uninstalling, logout, rebooting, reset if Roku has no effect. If you allow app to reach the end of a recording playback, whether you say yes or no to delete, or if you don’t click either and press back; you will be presented with the exact same screen overlaying next recording playback, it is then unresponsive, can’t be dismissed and only quitting app with Home button press cures the issue.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same exact issue with all 3 of my ROKU 3800X sticks.  They are updated to current software Version 9.0.0 Build 41145-55, and so is the Xfinity app Version 3.2 Build 3. 

If you let the recording go to the end the Delete Recording screen appears and if you answer either YES or NO same thing happens.  Recording gets deleted and that screen disappears.  When you go to Live TV or another recording the screen reappears covering almost the entire screen.  You can hear the selected channel or program behind the screen but it is un watchable. 

Only way to clear it is to do a full system restart on the ROKU stick-- takes over 5 minutes and several commands to get back to watching.  If you delete a recording from the Saved Programs screen issue does not occur!

{edited PII}

We have X1 service using Xfinity modem

Please help get this resolved  it is clearly an issue with the app.  The Rokus work fine with all other applications

Expert

@BobSz wrote:
I’ve been having this issue for about 3 weeks. Uninstalling, logout, rebooting, reset if Roku has no effect. If you allow app to reach the end of a recording playback, whether you say yes or no to delete, or if you don’t click either and press back; you will be presented with the exact same screen overlaying next recording playback, it is then unresponsive, can’t be dismissed and only quitting app with Home button press cures the issue.

the rest of us are not seeing the problem after pressing "left" arrow and leaving the xfinity beta stream TV channel and then going back into it, the 'menu' is gone. are you using a roku 'stick' or is it built in to the TV?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

In my case Using the left arrow button to get back to the home page appears to remove the delete recording screen but if you go back to live tv or a recording it comes back Everyte!!
Frequent Visitor

I'm using Roku sticks.

Expert

@llgrubbs wrote:

I'm using Roku sticks.

you will need to press the left arrorw until the xfinity channel asks if you want to exit the channel and select yes. when back to the roku channels list enter the xfinity channel again.

Frequent Visitor

Have done that numerous times. It does not work. When you go back to the live tv or saved recordings o Cep you have seen the “black Do you want to delete screen” you have to restart the roku stick. It is stuck. It Happens every time!!
Frequent Visitor

And that, sir, is the reason for my original post. Having to exit Stream after deleting a recording in order to watch another recording or a live show is not how the system should work. Since it is still in Beta, maybe the programmers will eventually fix the problem.
New Poster

I have the same exact issue! I’ve tried a million ways to fix it (reboot, logging back to home screen, etc) and nothing works except quiting the program all together. I hope this is something they fix soon.
New Poster

It's a Roku 3 (4200).

Official Employee

Good morning all. For those of you experiencing problems with this after completing the listed troubleshooting below (found on our website https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs) please send me a private message with your name and best contact number so I can open a request for you. 

I am having trouble downloading and/or installing the Xfinity Stream app on my supported Partner Device. What should I do?

• Please verify that you have a supported device model.
  • Please check the firmware version of your Partner device to ensure you are using the minimum required version.
    • To update to the latest firmware on Roku, navigate to Settings > System > System Update from the home screen, and press OK to check for updates.
    • To update the latest firmware on Samsung Smart TVs, press the Menu button on your remote control. Use the down arrow to select the Support tab, select Software Update then select Online. As long as your Samsung device is connected to the Internet, it will connect to the Samsung servers to look for an update. If there is an update available, it will begin installing automatically.
  • Verify that your Partner Device is connected to your Xfinity Internet service. Due to the design of the Partner Device, it cannot operate the Xfinity Stream app unless it is connected to Xfinity Internet.
  • Xfinity TV customers can stream to up to five devices simultaneously. The limit of five simultaneously streaming devices includes Partner Devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers. Xfinity Instant TV customers can stream to up to two devices simultaneously.

Those steps are important because there can be some odd one-off issues if the device doesn't have the most recent version of software and/or hasn't been reset or refreshed recently. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I’m having issues where I have to go to the main Roku screen after deleting a program on my Comcast app because when I go to watch another recording I get the would you like to delete the show we just watched
Official Employee

Hi. llgrubbs. I ended up not hearing back from you on this before we could confirm a solution. I will need to go ahead and complete this interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please reply to my most recent private message. Thanks for being part of Comcast, take care!