Community Forum

DVR recording shorter on apps than X1

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR recording shorter on apps than X1

The last moments of a recorded show are consistantly cut off when viewed on the Stream app or on the web. On X1 it always plays complete. Sure enough, the duration listed for the show on the app is always shorter (a minute or so) than on X1. Recordings start at the same moment on all devices, but end earlier on the apps. I'd rather not add extra minutes when it is properly recorded on the X1.

Expert

Re: DVR recording shorter on apps than X1

@stvn78 wrote:

The last moments of a recorded show are consistantly cut off when viewed on the Stream app or on the web. On X1 it always plays complete. Sure enough, the duration listed for the show on the app is always shorter (a minute or so) than on X1. Recordings start at the same moment on all devices, but end earlier on the apps. I'd rather not add extra minutes when it is properly recorded on the X1.

the x1 set top boxes have a setting for autopad that the cloud DVR does not use/implement. You can manually adust series or one-time recordings to add the extra time and that will be honored by the cloud DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Ah, Auto Pad! I forgot about that little option (well, it probably defaulted to On and I never looked at it). Too bad it isn't consistent (hint to Comcast) but I guess I'll be adding extra time here and there.

Thanks.

New Poster

I am not sure what you mean when you replied;

"the x1 set top boxes have a setting for "autopad" that the cloud DVR does not use/implement."

Can you go into a little more detail?

Many thanks,

Mick Bradford

Expert

@MickBrad wrote:

I am not sure what you mean when you replied;

"the x1 set top boxes have a setting for "autopad" that the cloud DVR does not use/implement."

Can you go into a little more detail?

Many thanks,

Mick Bradford

when a recording is to be made the 'scheduler of recordings' server in the cloud tells the cloud DVR to record and the set top box to record. the set top box has a setting available to extend optionally the beginning or end of the program. the cloud DVR does not have that setting. when scheduling a one time or series recording you can optionally set that in the recording options. the autopad feature is a set top box only feature and it adds time per the autopad to whatever the scheduler tells the set top box to record. so the scheduler says record 60 minutes beginning at 8:00 pm on channel XX and the set top box can change that itself using autopad (when tuners are available and not all in use) to 62 minutes (example) with extra minute at both ends of the recording.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!