Community Forum

DVR Recordings not ALL showing up on Xfinity Stream App

New Poster

DVR Recordings not ALL showing up on Xfinity Stream App

Hello,

Not all of my DVR recordings are showing up on my Xfinity Stream App.  My recent recordings are there, but some that I recorded aren't there.  For example, WALL-E recorded on 10/7/17 from STZK isn't there, Frozen recorded from FreeForm isn't there....basically looks like anything recorded prior to 10/01/1, isn't showing up.  Is there a way to fix it, there is still room on my Recordings for the DVR on the Xfinity Stream App?  This would help my kids so much right now and a lot of the stuff they want is the earlier recordings.

Thank You,

Jessica & Jon Thacker

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: DVR Recordings not ALL showing up on Xfinity Stream App

jonthacker1 wrote:

Hello,

Not all of my DVR recordings are showing up on my Xfinity Stream App.  My recent recordings are there, but some that I recorded aren't there.  For example, WALL-E recorded on 10/7/17 from STZK isn't there, Frozen recorded from FreeForm isn't there....basically looks like anything recorded prior to 10/01/1, isn't showing up.  Is there a way to fix it, there is still room on my Recordings for the DVR on the Xfinity Stream App?  This would help my kids so much right now and a lot of the stuff they want is the earlier recordings.

Thank You,

Jessica & Jon Thacker

The recording you see in the app are stored on your cloud dvr as apposed to you cable box dvr. The cloud dvr is smaller than your cable box dvr and when new recordings are made, the oldest may be deleted to make room for a new one. The only way to prevent this is to be sure your cloud dvr has space available and watching then deleting the oldest shows/movies first. There is no way to get the old recordings back on your cloud dvr except for recording them again.

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR Recordings not ALL showing up on Xfinity Stream App

Hello jonthacker1,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. As mvenanzi stated the Cloud DVR does not hold the same capacity as your box. The videos on the Xfinity Stream app will be coming from the Cloud DVR limiting you to the content there (not what is on your box) Have you confirmed the content on your Cloud DVR matches what you see in your app? Please let me know where we stand.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon