Community Forum

Customer-Owned Modem; Xfinity Stream gives 'createDrmSession.403-102' error

Frequent Visitor

Customer-Owned Modem; Xfinity Stream gives 'createDrmSession.403-102' error

I guess I need to make a post before I can send a private message.

I just purchased a Netgear CM500v modem for use with my Xfinity service. Prior to installing the new modem, I was able to use the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku 3 device.

However, after installing the modem last night, I'm now receiving a '403-102' error whenever I attempt to use the app on my Roku. Internet and phone service are working fine.

I've already done the following:

• Contacted Tier 1 support
  • Power-cycled the modem
  • Power-cycled my router
  • Power-cycled the Roku Device
  • Signed-Out of the Xfinity Stream app, and attempted reauthentication
  • Uninstalled/Reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app
  • Verified that the SN for my new modem on the Xfinity site, matches the modem's MAC address.

But my understanding is that @ComcastElla has the secret sauce to make all of this work.

Unless anyone else can offer any insight, I'll try to PM her.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Customer-Owned Modem; Xfinity Stream gives 'createDrmSession.403-102' error

Hmmm... it seems to have resolved itself about 48 hours after I initially installed the new CM (unless someone behind the scenes did something to fix it).

Official Employee

Re: Customer-Owned Modem; Xfinity Stream gives 'createDrmSession.403-102' error

Welcome to our community, @CorporateDog! My apologies for the delayed reply, I'm off on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. Glad to hear that issue is resolved. If you got a new modem, it took time to completely update the account information in one of our systems. I just can do it manually but since I was not here - it took 48 hours to update. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!