Community Forum

Content downloaded to X1 app is disappearing

New Poster

Content downloaded to X1 app is disappearing

I regularly download DVRed shows to the Stream TV app to watch when I'm not online.  It's great for that train ride into work.

Starting 9/20, shows that I successfully downloaded the previous night are not showing up in my Downloaded programs in the Stream TV app on my Galaxy tablet.  

The app shows no downloads. 

Initially under Recorded programs it showed the shows I downloaded as being downloaded to my Galaxy tablet, but they were not listed in Downloads.  Now they have no indication of being downlaoded so I can not watch unless I connect to wifi.

Please help.  Being able to watch DVRed shows even when I'm not connected is one of the features I value most.

Expert

Re: Content downloaded to X1 app is disappearing

pmobri wrote:

I regularly download DVRed shows to the Stream TV app to watch when I'm not online.  It's great for that train ride into work.

Starting 9/20, shows that I successfully downloaded the previous night are not showing up in my Downloaded programs in the Stream TV app on my Galaxy tablet.  

The app shows no downloads. 

Initially under Recorded programs it showed the shows I downloaded as being downloaded to my Galaxy tablet, but they were not listed in Downloads.  Now they have no indication of being downlaoded so I can not watch unless I connect to wifi.

Please help.  Being able to watch DVRed shows even when I'm not connected is one of the features I value most.

were you forced to log back into the app and that is when you discovered the recordings were no longer there? Did you just update iOS?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I'm running the Steam TV app on my Galaxy which is running Android, so iOS upgrade is not an issue.

I was not forced to log in to the app, but I did try logging out and then back in to see if that rectified the issue.  It did not.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue u recently posted. Starting 2 to 3 days ago it started doing the same with my devices and all downloaded shows, either off my dvr recorded shows or downloadable shows directly from Starz or Showtime disappear from my xfinity stream app on my android Samsung S6.  I have never had this issue before.  Seems to happen at random the past couple of days.  So, first thing I get out of the Stream X1 app, with all downloadable shows listed correctly.  After I get out or try even try going back in later into the Stream App later in day and it shows no downloadable content.  

You know how when you download off your DVR to your device, when you try and play that same show directly off your DVR at home on your TV it says you can't till you return the program off the device, like my phone. When I go check my DVR at home after all downloadable content disappears from my phone, the DVR shows are unmarked that is has been returned from my device.   So, it is crazy it is like returning all my shows back to the DVR. 

Official Employee

Hi 

pmobri, I'd like to take a deep look into your issues. I'll need to verify your account info through private message. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

Restarting my X1 box resolved the issue

Official Employee

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved by restarting your X1 box, @pmobri

Please let us know if there is anything further you need support with.