Community Forum

Connect to in-home WiFi to watch

New Poster

Connect to in-home WiFi to watch

Suddenly, without my making any changes, I can't watch Comcast on my laptop--on demand or live TV. All say "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" even though I'm on my home wifi. Frustrating that the questions about this all have only PM answers so I can't even find a valid answer to this.

Official Employee

Re: Connect to in-home WiFi to watch

Hello, thanks for reaching out and I can further look into this connection concern on my end! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi 

I am facing the same issue. Any idea how to resolve ? 

Vinay

Regular Visitor

Same problem with no public answer from Comcast. What's the solution?

New Poster

I can't connect either. This happens to a lot of people yet no fix for general problem. Each have to deal with hours of runaround to get personal solution.  I guess next solution should be cancelling service or actually lack of service. Xfinity commercials are a joke about service.  I dropped Comcast internet when continually told my equipment was issue, yet since changing my equipment has never been the issue for slowdowns.

Official Employee

Hi all, 

For those of you getting the "connect to in home wiFi to watch" error, have you recently added a new, non-Comcast rented modem to your account? We may have to take a look at the backend provisioning if that is the case. Let me know. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yeah I'm using my own modem (Arris SB8200) and I'm getting the same message.

New Poster

I have this same issue have spent lots to time on phone with support. No help, no follow-up. Can't use the service but have to pay for it. 

Expert

@ecgopher wrote:

I have this same issue have spent lots to time on phone with support. No help, no follow-up. Can't use the service but have to pay for it. 

what device (roku, ios phone/tablet, android phone tablet) are you using. if iOS or android what version OS are you using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @ecgopher

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the error you're receiving. I can help get this resolved. First, I will need to gather some information in a private message so I can access your account to begin troubleshooting. Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

Frequent Visitor

I have this same issue but only with ABC, FOX, and CBS local channels. NBC works fine. I recently subscribed to a VPN service. When it is active, I can’t connect to local channels with the streaming app. When I disable VPN, all of the local channels work. It’s frustrating to pay all of the money for xfinity and then an add-on protective service seemingly can’t be used without issue.
New Poster

I am connected to my home Wifi but get message to connect to watch networks such as CBS. This has been happening since I sign up.

What can I do to get all the programming 

thanks 

Expert

@gerham50 wrote:

I am connected to my home Wifi but get message to connect to watch networks such as CBS. This has been happening since I sign up.

What can I do to get all the programming 

thanks 

use a smart device (phone/tablet) and the Xfinity my account app. go to the tV tab and then select the top link to view your channel lineup. if the channel shows up on that list then there is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.  working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.