Community Forum

Connect ipad to tv and watch xfinitystream content

Regular Visitor

Connect ipad to tv and watch xfinitystream content

I can watch xfinitystream content on my ipad and it works great. My question is can I connect my ipad to a tv and watch the xfinitystream content on the TV?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Connect ipad to tv and watch xfinitystream content

@hauser wrote:

I can watch xfinitystream content on my ipad and it works great. My question is can I connect my ipad to a tv and watch the xfinitystream content on the TV?

Nope. Only ways now are: a cable box, xf roku app, or using a pc, the streaming website, and a hdmi cable or casting hardware

Regular Visitor

I have a lightning to hdmi connector and an hdmi cable to connect the ipad to the TV. The question is how to get the xfinitystream content to play on the TV. It plays on the ipad just fine.

Bronze Problem Solver

@hauser wrote:

I have a lightning to hdmi connector and an hdmi cable to connect the ipad to the TV. The question is how to get the xfinitystream content to play on the TV. It plays on the ipad just fine.

The app is programmed to block streaming if connected to an external display or if mirroring/casting is being used

Regular Visitor

That's really unfortunate. Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it.

New Poster

how do I stream a live tv program from my ipad to my tv?

Expert

@donalvo wrote:

how do I stream a live tv program from my ipad to my tv?

that is not allowed when using the Xfinity Stream TV app.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Why
Expert

@flynlw wrote:
Why

Comcast appears to pay providers per TV attached to services and that would bypass their revenue collection to pay those charges, so it is restricted from mobile devices.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

So when the
Cable isn’t working you are
Stuck and can’t watch the streaming on TV. Have to use Netflix or Amazon
Expert

@bwb2 wrote:
So when the
Cable isn’t working you are
Stuck and can’t watch the streaming on TV. Have to use Netflix or Amazon

if the cable was 'out' you can still use the stream app for completed recordings, much of the on-demand library, and all the TVgo channels.