Community Forum

Clearing "recently watched" section in TV app

New Poster

Clearing "recently watched" section in TV app

I'd like to clear the "recently watched" titles in the TV app. Sometimes I discontinue watching a program or movie with no plans to return. But then I'm stuck with those titles seemingly forever. Please advise how to clear these from "recently watched". Thanks.
Official Employee

Re: Clearing "recently watched" section in TV app

GEA1 wrote:
I'd like to clear the "recently watched" titles in the TV app. Sometimes I discontinue watching a program or movie with no plans to return. But then I'm stuck with those titles seemingly forever. Please advise how to clear these from "recently watched". Thanks.

There isn't currently an easy way to do this but it is planned for an upcoming release. Items in this row will disappear if you watch them all the way to the end. Also, the row holds up to 12 items so old ones will roll-off as you watch more.

If you are an X1 suscriber, you will also see the same items on your television in "For You".  From there, you can "Mark Unwatched".  That will remove the resume point and remove it from mobile and the website as well.

-ComcastDan

New Poster

It’s been 10 months. Have they figured out a way to clear programs I watched on my IPad with the app if I d code not to watch the whole program. Those programs I decided weren’t any good and didn’t want to keep watching...I want them out of that list of programs I’m watching but didn’t finish. 

Expert

Seabrooke999 wrote:

It’s been 10 months. Have they figured out a way to clear programs I watched on my IPad with the app if I d code not to watch the whole program. Those programs I decided weren’t any good and didn’t want to keep watching...I want them out of that list of programs I’m watching but didn’t finish. 

highlight the program with your X1 remote, and press the info button, then select 'mark unwtched'.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).