Community Forum

Chromecast?

Regular Visitor

Chromecast?

Will you guys ever allow chromecasting in the mobile Xfinity Stream TV app? Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Re: Chromecast?

Dream on, eh? 

Expert

Aqua1ung wrote:

Will you guys ever allow chromecasting in the mobile Xfinity Stream TV app? Smiley Happy

Generally Comcast prices and pays the providers under contract for services on televisions on an 'outlet' (paid) basis. Using Chromecast is not a separate 'screen' on a device it is a connected device that delivers over HDMI programming that is not 'paid' for under the contracts. The Chromecast use by a desk/laptop computer as a secondary screen is currently grandfathered in and allowed. Comcast is beta testing the Roku app and is free while in testing but it is an 'outlet' and must be paid or be in an equipment plan after beta. No pricing has been announced and no information on that is available.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Thanks. And they're wondering why the cable industry is dying! Anyway, I am curently giving Hulu TV a long hard look, after testing YouTube TV for a month. I like what I see in both these streaming services. Just not worth looking back.