Community Forum

Cannot Stream

New Poster

Cannot Stream

I cannot stream on the Xfinity Stream TV App. This issure has been present for about 2 months now. It says that I need to enter a parental control passcode to access the content but it was NEVER setup on the application. When i click on a show that I want to watch (or live tv) it asks for a perental control passcode. I have checked everywhere on the account for a passcode and have not found anything. I have even tried to enter the voicemail passcode just incase. No passcode has been enabled for over 5 years. We have enabled parental controls for a few minutes in hopes that it would allow the passocde setup (0000). Going in for support to a satalite office is useles, we went three times for help and they all said that they filed a ticket. None of them filed a support ticket until the fourth time of which they finally filed a support ticket. They called the it was filed for more information. Never followed up on this iQKYL.PNGssue.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot Stream

Dparker113 wrote:

I cannot stream on the Xfinity Stream TV App. This issure has been present for about 2 months now. It says that I need to enter a parental control passcode to access the content but it was NEVER setup on the application. When i click on a show that I want to watch (or live tv) it asks for a perental control passcode. I have checked everywhere on the account for a passcode and have not found anything. I have even tried to enter the voicemail passcode just incase. No passcode has been enabled for over 5 years. We have enabled parental controls for a few minutes in hopes that it would allow the passocde setup (0000). Going in for support to a satalite office is useles, we went three times for help and they all said that they filed a ticket. None of them filed a support ticket until the fourth time of which they finally filed a support ticket. They called the it was filed for more information. Never followed up on this issue.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I just removed all the mobile devices from your account which should solve your problem.  You'll need to sign in again on each of your phones/iPads.

Parental Controls for the Stream app are setup on each device, individually within Settings (looks like a gear icon). 

-ComcastDan

New Poster

Re: Cannot Stream

This did resolve my issue. I just want to make sure that you understand that I did NOT setup the parental control anywhere.