Community Forum

Can’t watch shows from CBS or ABC

New Poster

Can’t watch shows from CBS or ABC

As of May 15, I have not been able to stream any shows from CBS or ABC. Deception, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Rosanne (when it was still available), none of them will load. I can navigate to the show page and select an episode, but when I click watch, it just sits on the loading screen indefinitely and does not begin play. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone to no avail.
Expert

Re: Can’t watch shows from CBS or ABC

@Kavvnje wrote:
As of May 15, I have not been able to stream any shows from CBS or ABC. Deception, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Rosanne (when it was still available), none of them will load. I can navigate to the show page and select an episode, but when I click watch, it just sits on the loading screen indefinitely and does not begin play. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone to no avail.

are you able to watch on your X1 connected set top box or on a pc desk/laptop? what device are you using (android/iOS)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Kavvnje -- Were you able to get this tested with your cable box or PC? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Honestly, I rarely watch on my TV, mostly because the box is slow and inconvenient to use. I use the Xfinity stream app on my iPhone.
Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you, have you tried to view any of these on a different device? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I also am not able to stream from CBS or ABC, it changed during the Xfinity update on 11/13/18. X1 is not available in my area. I've tried on my laptop and cell phone, talked with and left on hold for hours with xfinity staff in Minnesota and the Phillipines, no one knows why or will provide an answer. I'm guessing this has to do with Net Neutrality and contracts. Why don't you just tell your customers? I pay $140.00 for basic and I mean basic cable/internet. I'm tired of fighting with Comcast. Time to buy a Roku box and pay for subsciptions.  

Expert

@dbekman wrote:

I also am not able to stream from CBS or ABC, it changed during the Xfinity update on 11/13/18. X1 is not available in my area. I've tried on my laptop and cell phone, talked with and left on hold for hours with xfinity staff in Minnesota and the Phillipines, no one knows why or will provide an answer. I'm guessing this has to do with Net Neutrality and contracts. Why don't you just tell your customers? I pay $140.00 for basic and I mean basic cable/internet. I'm tired of fighting with Comcast. Time to buy a Roku box and pay for subsciptions.  

your problem has nothing to do with net neutrality nor contracts. In home while connected to your own home wifi with youyr smart device uisng the stream TV app gives you all the channels in your subscription. If there are some 'missing' then you can call 800-Comcast and select customer service and ask them to do an app database provision refresh.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Well, my subscription didn't change on 11/13/18! I was able to stream CBS on 11/12/18 and not 11/13/18. I am in my livingroom and supposedly have all basic cable channels which include ABC, NBC and CBS! Your response was not helpful or appreciated. Thank you! 

Expert

@dbekman wrote:

Well, my subscription didn't change on 11/13/18! I was able to stream CBS on 11/12/18 and not 11/13/18. I am in my livingroom and supposedly have all basic cable channels which include ABC, NBC and CBS! Your response was not helpful or appreciated. Thank you! 

did you call 800-Comcast and request app entitlements refresh as above?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I was on the phone with them for hours! They don't know or won't say what the problem is. 

Expert

@dbekman wrote:

Yes, I was on the phone with them for hours! They don't know or won't say what the problem is. 

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello dbekman, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with this stream concern! Are you unable to view these networks via the Stream app and through the website? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes

Official Employee

When did this issue begin on your end? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast shut down from 12:00-6:00 on 11/13, when I logged back in on 11/13 is when the issue began. 

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

done

Official Employee

@dbekman Hi, I'm following up to see if someone reached out to you regarding the ticket created? 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, so far no result. I've seen a few other posts about this same problem over the last couple of years and don't believe it's anything Comcast is going to fix. No options for internet, but I'll be taking my cable business elsewhere. Thank you for your assistance!

Official Employee

I am sorry to hear this, do you mind me asking what they stated the issue was or may be? 

Frequent Visitor

No, they have not given me any reason. I was told the issue was escalated to the highest level techician whatever that means. Still doesn't work and there has been no correspondence from corporate or offer to reduce my bill, or acknowledgement that the update on 11/13 caused the issue. 

Official Employee

There are some known issues reported and we are working to get them resolved ASAP. I truly apologize about any inconvenience or frustration this is causing you. Since you are not experiencing the issue on your cable box, I would be unable to provide a credit. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance in the meantime.