Community Forum

Can't watch TV online, nor app IOS, Android

New Poster

Can't watch TV online, nor app IOS, Android

I started the service with comcast on October 1. Since then, I haven't been able to watch tv online at all. My first preference is to just come in here on xfinity site and click to watch tv. I called the rep and they said I had to wait 48 hours. I did, wait, nothing happened. I chatted and the guy said he will open a ticket for me. I've never received an email that ticket opened. He said someone will call me on Monday Oct 17 at 6.30pm PST per my request. No one called. Today is Tuesday Oct 18, 9pm PST.

How difficult it is to make sure that customer can watch tv online? I went in again today and it said I signed in successfully but I'm not a user and not authorized to watch tv, huh???

I then tried to create another user profile thinking tv might need another profile. During authentication process, via phone, got the text, enter the code, then it's errored out said I had to wait a minute and redo it. Redid it 10 times. What else I need to do?

I just moved from Directv to Comcast due to the new place doesn't allow dish installed. Comcast customer service is quite pathetic to be honest. I'm willing to retract my word if someone can resolve this within 24 hours.

Expert

Re: Can't watch TV online, nor app IOS, Android

katecp wrote:

I started the service with comcast on October 1. Since then, I haven't been able to watch tv online at all. My first preference is to just come in here on xfinity site and click to watch tv. I called the rep and they said I had to wait 48 hours. I did, wait, nothing happened. I chatted and the guy said he will open a ticket for me. I've never received an email that ticket opened. He said someone will call me on Monday Oct 17 at 6.30pm PST per my request. No one called. Today is Tuesday Oct 18, 9pm PST.

How difficult it is to make sure that customer can watch tv online? I went in again today and it said I signed in successfully but I'm not a user and not authorized to watch tv, huh???

I then tried to create another user profile thinking tv might need another profile. During authentication process, via phone, got the text, enter the code, then it's errored out said I had to wait a minute and redo it. Redid it 10 times. What else I need to do?

I just moved from Directv to Comcast due to the new place doesn't allow dish installed. Comcast customer service is quite pathetic to be honest. I'm willing to retract my word if someone can resolve this within 24 hours.

do you have the X1 entertainment package or the non-x1 xfinity TV? have a DVR?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.