Community Forum

Can't watch DVR recordings when out of the country

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Can't watch DVR recordings when out of the country

Why can I not access any of my recordings when in South America.
Official Employee

Re: Can't watch DVR recordings when out of the country

The app only works in the U.S. to view recordings. Anything you wanted to watch, you would’ve had to download to your mobile device before leaving the country.

From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming

I can't watch all of my live TV and/or Xfinity On Demand streaming when I'm traveling. Is there a problem?
While in the home, content is delivered as a cable service over Comcast's managed IP network, and includes your full live TV channel lineup and all of your Xfinity On Demand choices. Although more than 200 live TV channels and over 40,000 On Demand movies and shows are available outside of the home over the Internet, certain content is not currently available. Use the Available Out of Home filter in the Xfinity Stream app or portal to easily identify streaming options available when you are not at home. Streaming and downloading of content when outside of the United States is not allowed due to limitations on rights by content providers.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm not sure that this answer is accurate. I cannot access the items downloaded to my device, either, when I'm outside the USA.

Expert

@vickisfloyd wrote:

I'm not sure that this answer is accurate. I cannot access the items downloaded to my device, either, when I'm outside the USA.

downloaded files are available for up to 30 days then 'expire' your device may have stored the files with errors. try again when you return to usa

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!