Community Forum

Can't stream live sports!

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't stream live sports!

I am just so sick and tired of paying an arm and a friggin leg for Xfinity service, and we can't even see our home teams play when we are away from home! <br> My bill on average is $152.00 a month, and that's with no premium channels, including spike t.v. I mean come on, since when did you have to pay for spike? Of course alot of people need cable and internet, but are the corporate people, or owners of Xfinity/Comcast that friggin greedy to where they have to charge that much for any kind of service?<br> And what really gets me angry is that we can't stream our favorite home team sports!!!! Come on Xfinity, you cost a fortune for a lifetime of service (or for how long ppl can afford it) why not help some of us out that love our sports that we can watch it while we are away from home?
Official Employee

Re: Can't stream live sports!

Hello TheIgnert1, I understand where you are coming from. Please know that the rules and restrictions are set the networks not by Comcast. It's up to the networks to allow the content to be viewed away from home, and again due to their rules you have to be within your home network (Wi-Fi) to view the content live. If you'd like you can always set your DVR to record the show, that way you can download it to the app and take it anywhere and watch it anytime.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I asked the question of AT&T Sportsnet. They say it is Comcast who will not permit authentication of my subscription using the MLB at Bat app.

Who are we to believe? AT&T Sportsnet or Comast.

Here is their email:

On Sep 19, 2017, at 1:43 PM, ROOTSPORTS of Southwest <Southwest@rootsports.com> wrote:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your email.  The below information is from our website regarding streaming.  You will need to call Comcast, as they did not allow MLB to authenticate the viewer as a subscriber.

How can I stream MLB games?
AT&T SportsNet is offering video providers the ability to deliver live MLB games on a streaming basis. The games will be available to those viewers who are a subscriber to a cable or satellite company which carries AT&T SportsNet. The games can be made available to stream from those providers’ platforms (web and app) who make available the games for streaming. For now, games are only available on MLB.com and the MLB At Bat app to customers whose provider agrees to allow MLB to authenticate the viewer as a subscriber of AT&T SportsNet.

Sincerely,

AT&T SPORTSNET

Official Employee

krschill, the best way to stream any content is by using our "Xfinity Stream" app. We are not listed as a service provider on the MLB at Bat app. The original concern in the thread is focused on watching any content within your "home network" while using the Xfinity app. If you would like to watch MLB games please download our app and you will be able to do so while connected to your home network. Viewing the content outside of your network (away from home) is were the restrictions come in. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!